Things you still cant do ingame

Author Topic: Things you still cant do ingame  (Read 7062 times)

/title

I joined in like, late v15 and I still don't know how to make one of those buttons that display how many times they've been pressed (that you usually see at block parties)

Basically, you set up your line of print bricks with events like so:
onRelay -> self -> incrementPrintCount (1)
onPrintCountOverflow -> self -> fireRelaywhatever direction the other bricks are

Then just make the button fire a relay at the first brick in the counter line.

maps forgetin vce <var:cl:lastteamchatmsg> never works for me

Basically, you set up your line of print bricks with events like so:
onRelay -> self -> incrementPrintCount (1)
onPrintCountOverflow -> self -> fireRelaywhatever direction the other bricks are

Then just make the button fire a relay at the first brick in the counter line.
o
rip topic

saaame i tried making maps but for some reason it never worked https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=189031.msg5026044#msg5026044
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:01:43 PM by Blockomaniac »

build competently
event anything past simple relays and stuff

build competently

i also suck at color schemes and keeping on track with things

i never bothered to learn how to use vce but if theres a guide somewhere that will make my day

that's because its <var:cl:lastteammsg> ya doofus

I messed around with VCE for awhile but never really learned it, so there's that.

And I never did learn how to make maps, and I still don't know a thing about making custom environments (aside from image editing).

I feel like it's legitimately easier to learn how to make simple scripts than it is to use VCE for anything at all

I feel like it's legitimately easier to learn how to make simple scripts than it is to use VCE for anything at all
I think it really depends on your experience. I gravitated toward VCE when I was younger because I found it more straight-forward tham scripting. It ended up serving as a sort of introduction to programming for me, as it taught me how to think like a programmer. However, I recently tried to pick up VCE (and just complex-ish eventing in general) again, and I find it really tedious compared to traditional programming. It kind of feels like writing assembly, but with a mouse. Very slow and painful.

that's because its <var:cl:lastteammsg> ya doofus
well that's what i meant :^/