Author Topic: Sudden-Onset Horrendous Lag Syndrome  (Read 696 times)

A few weeks ago, I ran into the worst lag I've seen in a while in Blockland, and I eventually figured out it wasn't the server or my wifi connection. It was definitely a client issue. It's gotten worse since I last checked in on Blockland, and it's at the point of screen tearing. Like, really bad screen tearing. I've been running Blockland almost flawlessly ever since I came back to the game, so this is a very recent issue with no obvious precursors: I haven't changed my graphics options in ages, so it's not that; I've checked Task Manager while running Blockland, and nothing looks out of the ordinary (not that I'd really know). I am befuddled.

My friend told me to run a console trace, and I did. I sent it to him, and he uploaded it to Dropbox for me. If anyone can translate this stuff into talky people words, please let me know if you can think of a fix, or at least where my issue stems from. I'll provide whatever other info you need, too - just lemme know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oww35y51bfd5gtl/console.log?dl=0

try removing system blocklandplus, and/or script_onsight

Removed both, little to no change. Although, I only deleted them from my Addons folder. I have Blockland Glass, so d'you think there may be some remnant of either addon somewhere else in my BL directory?

UPDATE: Per one of Conan's suggestions on Steam chat (turns out we were friends this whole time), I renamed my addons folder to something else, and ran a pseudo-clean-install of Blockland. The mouse lag in the menu alone was the worst I've seen so far. So, it appears I can't even run a clean install properly anymore.

Again, I haven't made any significant changes to either my computer's settings or my Blockland files in recent memory; the only change I've made to the latter directly was removing someone from my trust list using the config file. That's it, as far as I can remember.

Also, the lag isn't constant, as I may have implied in my original post, but it is pretty bad when it does crop up.