skateboard vehicle that doesnt suck absolute richard

Author Topic: skateboard vehicle that doesnt suck absolute richard  (Read 10020 times)

i tried making one of those lego ones as a free resource model but then i realized i sucked ass and also was using milkshape so i gave up

i could TRY and make one again but i don't know

I'm working on two vehicles at the moment, I'll take a look when they're done. Just be aware however that I don't think that it's going to get much better than what we currently have, with the state of current BL physics. I'll probably have to make it look a bit whacky to achieve the wheelbase I want

Can I get a link to Fillipe's bikes lol?

I'm working on two vehicles at the moment, I'll take a look when they're done. Just be aware however that I don't think that it's going to get much better than what we currently have, with the state of current BL physics. I'll probably have to make it look a bit whacky to achieve the wheelbase I want

Can I get a link to Fillipe's bikes lol?
awesome
here you go https://blocklandglass.com/addons/addon.php?id=331

Do we really need a new model though? Can't we just use the one already in this Add-On?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:24:51 PM by speeddog73 »

Do we really need a new model though? Can't we just use the one already in this Add-On?
its dogstuff and it doesnt support any of the features i listed in the op

bots = no physics

Does it matter?

Physic vehicles in blockland all suck and are all loving glitchy and buggy.

I'd rather have a bot skateboard that can jump and whatever.

I've been wanting a skateboard similar to the one in lego island for years but no one wants to make a bot skateboard.

one thing people dont seem to realize is that if its a bot skateboard its not gonna rotate to match the angle of the ramp its going up/down

I just want skateboard because it's faster than walking.

I don't care about the fancy tricks.

having both a vehicle and a bot variant would be cool

I haven't seen a vehicle variant that worked.

Also the lego bike mod is a bot type and it works great.

If you just want a tiny vehicle not for tricks it's all you need.

one thing people dont seem to realize is that if its a bot skateboard its not gonna rotate to match the angle of the ramp its going up/down

Silly idea: What if you animated it so that it's "look" animation was a rotation 90 degrees in each direction, and you made a loop that made the skateboard "look" up and down depending on it's vertical velocity or the normal of the brick below it or something?

So like here's the deal: Yes, it's a bot vehicle. Yes, that means it stays flat when going up and down ramps. So I have a pretty silly idea in my head that sounds good to me but might be heinously handicapped to everyone else: I can bind the skateboard's ramp axis to the camera. Basically what that means is that the skateboard could theoretically turn as it goes up a ramp, but you would be controlling it manually by moving your camera up and down.

So basically you could do cool stuff like this:

But you could also do dumb stuff like this:

If this is interesting to anybody I'll work on it, if not I'll continue trying to come up with "alternative" solutions, but so far this is by far the simplest.