good video game soundtracks

Author Topic: good video game soundtracks  (Read 8153 times)

Line Rider 2: Unbound actually has a pretty great soundtrack for what it is; a pay to play version of a popular flash game with extra features. A strange blend of electronic ambience with some occasional hype tracks... and yodeling. The ambient tracks are okay, but they don't exactly stick with you like the dance tracks. All the songs are long as hell though, so it might get repetitive.  Personal favorites: Moscow Circus, Yodel Hey Ho, and Sheep Dip.

Re-Volt, one of my favorite racing games of all time, has a pretty catchy soundtrack as well. Some garage, some trance, but it all just adds to the intense RC racing action of the game itself as you drive through neighborhoods, supermarkets, and maybe a custom track or two. Personal favorites: FrontEnd (JamJar), Live Wires, and Toys for the Boys

Dynamite Headdy is a strange gem, but it has one of my most favorite Genesis soundtracks of all time. For a game parodying a Japanese-style puppet show, it sure has some HYPE stuff in it. Japanese-puppet shows must be really hardcore. Then again there are some rather fun, almost serene sounding tracks as well. The songs like to change-up, that's for sure. Personal favorites: You're Izayoi, Schumacher Fly, and South Town's Theme

100% Orange Juice has to be one of my favorite "anime games" of all time; both to play and to listen to. Rather than having an actual soundtrack the game gives it enormous cast individual music themes to play when any of them are winning. Thus, it has a very wide and contrasting soundtrack. One second you'll be listening to a glorious orchestral piece, and the next you may be hearing an intense trance track as the race to win grows faster. Or maybe a joke song will play, the joke characters get picked a lot in online. Personal favorites: Kai's Theme, Kyousuke's Theme, and Tomato & Mimyuu's Theme

Zero
[spanish guitars intensifies]

looking at these lists I see a lot of soundtracks I really like and it's good to see a lot of you are men of culture as well

NieR: Automata's got a pretty good soundtrack, it's even dynamic, so it fades between different versions of the current BGM depending on the situation

I love the amusement park theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1L2ollPut4

I am content, looking at all these suggestions, that my post is still best.
bruh u said all japanese videogame music sucks that's like, the worst opinion i've ever heard

metal gear rising revengeance

yall can hate on me but the starbound soundtrack slaps
Cuphead
Life is Strange and Life os Strange Before The Storm
Nearly every NFS and Burnout game

I can't be the only one that thought destiny 2's soundtrack was annoyingly bland

this having bought all the other destiny soundtracks despite never playing the game

Risk of rain has a pretty nice soundtrack

I can't be the only one that thought destiny 2's soundtrack was annoyingly bland
Yes, you are the only one.

Metroid Prime has some great music.

if you like JSRF style music, Ollie King

Yes, you are the only one.

what is your opinion on the halo 5 soundtrack

The Halo soundtrack was never the same after Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori were no longer doing it :(