Global sound that can only be heard at water level.

Author Topic: Global sound that can only be heard at water level.  (Read 798 times)

So what I am asking for I don't even know is possible.

I would like the water level in blockland to omit a sound that can be heard across the whole server but only at water level.

Unlike global sounds that can be heard at any height this can only be heard at environmental water levels.

pretty sure sounds work as a point source in the world or are played directly to the client

to emulate the whole water layer playing a sound, would need to play sounds at player X/Y locations, with the Z of the water
but may cause issues with players near eachother

Selective ghosting?

to emulate the whole water layer playing a sound, would need to play sounds at player X/Y locations, with the Z of the water
Playing it directly above/below the player would sound really fake
You'd want to play it at the nearest edge of water brick that forms a coastline

But yeah I still see an issue when multiple players are best each other. There isn't a function to play a 3D sound to only one person?

Playing it directly above/below the player would sound really fake
You'd want to play it at the nearest edge of water brick that forms a coastline

But yeah I still see an issue when multiple players are best each other. There isn't a function to play a 3D sound to only one person?

%client.play3D(%sound, %position);

ServerPlay3D is not a default function.  It basically loops through the ClientGroup and calls play3D on each one of them.