What phones have you had?

Author Topic: What phones have you had?  (Read 2811 times)

iPhone X
iPhone X - current
I wonder how it feels to have a 1000 dollar phone that has hardware that you'd find in a $400 or less android

I wonder how it feels to have a 1000 dollar phone that has hardware that you'd find in a $400 or less android
I'm sorry but the current processor in the iPhone 8/+/X are all 2x better than the snapdragon 835

some nokia phone
iphone 3g
iphone 4
iphone 5
iphone 6

old nokia phone
iPhone 4
LG G3 modded to hell <-- current phone

iPhones just don't do what I want.

samsung flip phone 2009 - 2010
stuffty touchscreen phone, gingerbread 2010 - 2012
stuffty huawei phone 2012 - 2014
samsung galaxy avant 2014 - 2017
iphone 5s 2017-(?)

Nokia flip phone
Motorola Razer
Samsung impression
iPhone 5c
iPhone 5s
Oneplus 5

I'm sorry but the current processor in the iPhone 8/+/X are all 2x better than the snapdragon 835

it's also about how well you utilize the hardware. Apple gets a leg up because iOS will only ever run on a very specific, controlled set of devices, so they can optimize the software for that specific hardware. Android is designed to be able to run on a loaf of bread, so it tends to have trouble utilizing resources. it really shows in the way that Android requires such immensely high specs just to perform as well as a dual core, 2gb of RAM iPhone. for that reason alone i find it's hard to compare the two fairly in any way other than "which interface do you prefer? do you mind paying more for a specific experience?"

nokia (something)
iPhone 6

Sony Ericsson W350i (I think)
HTC Inspire
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
Samsung Galaxy S3, S5, and S6
Note 7
Galaxy S8
Note 8 (the one I have right now)

My first phone was a black and yellow Samsung flip phone (i.e. this bad boy)

Then some Blackberry? from like 2008
~2010 Windows phone
Samsung SII
Moto X
Axon 7

my favorite phone

it was one of these when i was a freshman @ highschool

basically a smartphone but you couldnt make actual calls

every other model of the LG G's and samsung galaxies. back and forth between the 2.

back int he day i had the razer and then a sidekick lol

I still use my old motorola flip phone