Looking for advice on a good starting handgun for learning & self defense

Author Topic: Looking for advice on a good starting handgun for learning & self defense  (Read 5188 times)

22 short and long firearms are ideal for self defense and practice. The ammunition costs like 15 cents per bullet (20-30 long rifle)
Where the hell are you buying .22lr from that charges that much?
I just found Federal .22LR 325 round box for $19.99
That's not even shopping around at all, I just went to the website of the nearest sporting goods chain and opened the first Federal listing (since you specifically mentioned Federal)

5000 rounds for $300, which is 16 cents per round
Might want to double check your math there

low knockback? good aim? here you go

I would just get a .22 because they are inexpensive and so is the ammo, and effective like Phantos said

Unless you are getting robbed by people who have riot shields and ballistics vests, a .22 should do

Where the hell are you buying .22lr from that charges that much?
I just found Federal .22LR 325 round box for $19.99
That's not even shopping around at all, I just went to the website of the nearest sporting goods chain and opened the first Federal listing (since you specifically mentioned Federal)
Might want to double check your math there
sorry I got my math wrong on all of this. Either way it's loving dirt cheap

would you rather have a round that's guaranteed to incapacitate (or kill), or a round that's guaranteed to incapacitate or kill? idk about you, but I'd rather pay a few extra bucks for a little more insurance
ftfy. As I stated twice, both .38 special and .22 long rifle have a 60% chance to incapacitate on first shot above chest, and that's rounded. In reality the latter beats the former by like 1%

The whole notion that .38 is more powerful than .22lr is based around incorrect physics. When tested on ballistic gel, the .38 penetrates through like 6 feet and expands rapidly (it's a magnum) while .22lr penetrates like 4 feet and stops. Objectively, .38 is more powerful, but humans aren't 6 feet thick, so obviously your choice in ammunition boils down to price. Therefore .22lr wins
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:22:44 AM by PhantOS »

five-seven i guess
>good starting handgun
 >recommends a gun that is $1000+

but humans aren't 6 feet thick

idk man neckbeards have a track record for break ins so

>good starting handgun
 >recommends a gun that is $1000+

thanks for saying the same thing

personally i cant sleep at night without my sawed off ShVAK loaded with 2 parts HE and 1 part AP-T

personally i cant sleep at night without my sawed off ShVAK loaded with 2 parts HE and 1 part AP-T

that's nothing

i was pillow-hugging my M249 napalm and explosive rounds with modified thermal scope

that's nothing

i was pillow-hugging my M249 napalm and explosive rounds with modified thermal scope

this gave me a chad vs virgin idea

I did not realize 38 special was high power.
but I would shoot for .45 for self defense
so what is it? are you recommending 38 special or .45?

this gave me a chad vs virgin idea

the virgin machinegun

THE CHAD SHVAK

The whole notion that .38 is more powerful than .22lr is based around incorrect physics. When tested on ballistic gel, the .38 penetrates through like 6 feet and expands rapidly (it's a magnum) while .22lr penetrates like 4 feet and stops.
where is this information coming from