my B-I-L bought me a vape, what do i do?

Author Topic: my B-I-L bought me a vape, what do i do?  (Read 842 times)

he bought me this $80 vape as a christmas gift, but i don't vape-- and i told him this. i keep telling him about the unknown health effects and he shoots me down with stuff like "it helps with asthma" or "they don't cause cancer"

what do i do with it? i don't want to be mean about not using an $80 gift he won't take back (i tried to give it back)

turn off the fire alarm, put on a fursuit/gasmask/swimming goggles and loving hotbox that stuff

"they don't cause cancer"

does this imply you said they cause cancer

there are nicotine free vapes juices out there

there are nicotine free vapes juices out there

he bought me that too

does this imply you said they cause cancer

long term effects are unknown, but studies have found the vapor to contain some carcinogens.

long term effects are unknown, but studies have found the vapor to contain some carcinogens.

so yes then. next time someone gives you an expensive gift don't be a richard and say it's bad for xyz

do what most people do with gifts they don't want and either regift it to someone else discreetly (or sell it if you want to make a point) or box it up somewhere

Send it to me

Also your brother is handicapped, there’s no need to use a vape if you don’t need to quit smoking, other than to vape for the sake of it, or to start using nicotine in a far less harmful capacity than cigs. Also there are no known carcinogens under normal use. Studies found those formaldehyde type carcinogens after DRY firing generic pen type vaporizers under extreme temperatures that no one would even consider vaping.

Well tell him thanks, but I don't vape. Be appreciative about it so you don't seem like a jerk.

Just puff on it a few times around him then be like “man vaping really isn’t for me,” he’ll probably take it back if he sees you at least gave it a try. I think it’s very strange to buy somebody a means of taking substances and expect them to use it, but I also think this isn’t that complicated to figure out.

i wasn't nice about it. i told him time and time again i don't vape but then he buys me a vape.

do what most people do with gifts they don't want and either regift it to someone else discreetly (or sell it if you want to make a point) or box it up somewhere

might try this

i wasn't nice about it. i told him time and time again i don't vape but then he buys me a vape.

i've gotten gifts i didn't like before but i was never a self entitled rooster about it

i've gotten gifts i didn't like before but i was never a self entitled rooster about it

i'm self-entitled for caring about my brother in law enough to try to tell him the possible adverse effects of vaping? i told him i might try it and said thanks, even though i was pretty pissed.

before you destroy it can you take a picture of it im actually curious about how this looks

i'm self-entitled for caring about my brother in law enough to try to tell him the possible adverse effects of vaping?

no, throughout this thread you've had an attitude of "wow i can't believe he would have the audacity to give me a vape vapes suck >:c"

i told him i might try it and said thanks, even though i was pretty pissed.

well at least you said thanks