Forcing boundingbox dimensions of a playertype?

Author Topic: Forcing boundingbox dimensions of a playertype?  (Read 1077 times)

I'm wondering if there is any way to set the bounding box of a player or bot to dimensions that are different than its standing and crouching dimensions.

Basically what I'm needing is a prone-like mode that has its own bounding box dimensions. I can't use the crouch bounding box because reasons I don't want to get into (mostly-secret project).

This isn't critical to the functionality of what I'm working on, but it would be pretty cool to have and it would be pretty useful for some things.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:41:09 AM by ArmyUnit »

Probably impractical idea: what if you made a second playertype, which is the same in every way except the bounding box, that you switch to when the player goes prone?

not impractical and the only realistic way to go about doing this

Probably impractical idea: what if you made a second playertype, which is the same in every way except the bounding box, that you switch to when the player goes prone?

Yeah tbh that's probably the only way.
Should work well enough though

Thanks all for the replies

Code: [Select]
 crouchBoundingBox = PlayerStandardArmor.boundingBox;

Probably the best way is to use the same bounding box for sitting.

Also someone edited the dimensions of the sit bounding box but I can't find that mod

Probably the best way is to use the same bounding box for sitting.

Also someone edited the dimensions of the sit bounding box but I can't find that mod

iirc the game doesn't change the bounding box when you sit, it just plays an animation.

Code: [Select]
  crouchBoundingBox = PlayerStandardArmor.boundingBox;

While that works, that's not quite what I need. I basically need a third bounding box definition.
Something like "proneBoundingBox", and it would use a different set of values than the crouchBoundingBox or the normal boundingBox.

And on top of all that, I need to be able to set it on the fly while the game is running. Playertype changing is probably the best way tbh.

iirc the game doesn't change the bounding box when you sit, it just plays an animation.
can confirm, it doesnt.