violent weaponry dev thread

Author Topic: violent weaponry dev thread  (Read 3005 times)

this thread is going to be for development on a group of addons i'll be making called violent weaponry
i will take suggestions

violent melee
violent melee is the melee pack of violent weaponry and also my top priority for now

the lance
a medieval lance. attacks slow, but deals alot of damage. can pierce multiple enemies because of how ridiculously long it is
the syringe
a syringe. first strike on an enemy deals a slow continuous (poison) damage to them, but this effect only works on the first enemy you hit with it. after that, it's painfully weak. the first strike buff can be wasted on yourself for extra health by jamming it into your arteries or something
the extendable boxing blove
a metal boxing glove on a spring. long range. the closer you are to the enemy, the more damage is dealt. also there is quite a bit of knockback.
the stielhandgranate
a german stielhandgranate. once a brick or a player is struck with it, it explodes, dealing damage to both the user and the victim. the weapon is lost afterwards.
the spoon
a wooden spoon, first strike breaks the head off of it, making it deal more damage. still pathetically weak.
can be thrown with right click. the projectile will jut out of whatever it hits.
the gutknife
a gut knife that causes a "bleeding" effect. if an enemy if killed with this weapon, they get gibbed.

violent heavy weapons
weapons that most people need to hold with both hands

the cannon
a cannon. while active, the player is painfully slow because they have to roll the cannon around. charge to shoot an explosive cannonball.
the snowball launcher
a bazooka that launches snowballs at rapid speed. slows enemies.
the sword launcher
a bazooka that launches swords at a decent speed. swords jut out of whatever they hit.
the gun launcher
a bazooka, that launches a gun, that launches a bullet, that launches gunpowder.
damage depends on the range. high damage if hit by the gun, moderate damage if hit by the bullet, low damage if hit by the gunpowder.
the black hole gun
a high-tech looking heavy weapon that launches tiny singularities. players and projectiles will be slowly pulled towards it. bullets that fall into it disappear, and players standing on it are slowly harmed.
the prosthetic
a megaman arm cannon that launches strong pellets at a moderate pace. the pellets are slightly explosive.
the crabzooka
a gun that shoots crabs

violent light weapons
weapons that you can carry in your pocket if you really wanted to

the slingshot
charge to fire a pebble at high speed. damage is judged by how long the pull time is.
the broken glass launcher
an uzi that shoots broken glass at high speed.. causes a very short amount of bleeding for each shot.
the web slinger
shoot sticky stuff from your wrists. charge and release to fire a ball of web
the looney tunes gun
a gun that follows looney tunes' physics: instead of shooting bullets, it blasts a short-range explosion
the disintegrating pistol (looney tunes gun mark 2)
the gun disintegrates
the harmonica
a harmonica that, when blown, fires needles out of it. the pitch depends on how long the weapon has been firing. when the pitch is high, it deals less damage and the needles arc, but when the pitch is low, the needles fire at great speed and deal moderate damage for a rapid-fire gun. it starts off at low pitch, and graduates to high pitch. when the pitch is too high, it plays a raspberry noise and explodes, removing the weapon and burning the user.
the blowdart
a bamboo straw that shoots darts. the darts jut out of whatever they hit. damage stacks with each hit, but only if the bullet hits the same opponent. basically, if you hit someone once, it deals little damage, but when you hit them a second time, it deals twice as much damage, and so on.

violent specialties
these cant be categorized very well

acornades
a grenade stylized to look like an acorn. each grenade explosion deals little damage, but the acornade can be thrown at rather high speeds and quantities. most damage comes from the acornade actually making contact with the enemy
lemonades
a lemon with a charge inside it that explodes. the explosion deals little damage, but it leaves a small puddle of lemonade on the ground that deals more damage.
harpoons
a harpoon that you throw. long delay between each throw. can deal headshots. each projectile juts out of whatever it hits.

i will update this thread with progress and also models and also ASK questions, ect

do you even know how to model
do you even know how to code

do you even know how to model
do you even know how to code
do you?????

real talk the melee section sounds sick as forget
i would use the gutknife for my hotline miami server

Those are some pretty big ideas with respect to how you would get them to work in BL. Definitely focus on one at a time.

Discount bushido wacky weapon design

where do i put this new fangled dts exporter
im trying to export a thing but i have no idea where the hell to put the exporter

Anywhere. If you go to the addons-plugins menu on blender you can automatically install from a filepath

and where is the menu

blender is kinda confusing

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:25:02 AM by PhantOS »

ok so i did the thing and clicked the dts export thing and it isnt showing up in the list thing

jut out of whatever they hit.
I suggest taking this out of everything. If not, good loving luck.

ok so i did the thing and clicked the dts export thing and it isnt showing up in the list thing
User preferences -> add-ons -> click install add-on from file -> click the zip file and accept -> click the check box to enable it -> save user settings

You want to install the entire zip, not individual .py files. I don't know if that's what you did but it's what I did at first and it left me confused as well.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:19:21 PM by Gumba Jonny »

hey i'll be modelling some of the weaponry here. howdy doo

Syringe

Medieval Lance

Crabzooka

BONUS: Crabzooka Texture I'm currently trying to put on the side of it, but it's a pain in the richard