0 (0%)
Props not being able to snap to building grids
4 (40%)
Shop employees demanding money while closed
0 (0%)
The severe lack of WATER PARKS!!!111
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Planet Coaster - Anniversary Update!  (Read 29332 times)

my anger entirely depends on how much theyre charging it
they better not nickle and dime me for my favorite holiday

I mean, compared to the paid "content" we've gotten before with the Universal licensees, this is already a big improvement in terms of paid content. This is suppose to be an actual expansion pack that adds more scenery, new rides, new hats for guest, a new mascot and so on. So if you're considering that this dlc is lame is a huge underestimation compared to what we've got before hand. I understand that there's a lot of things in the game that need to be fixed, which I'd also like to be fixed, but, considering how Frontier has been hinting that something big will happen to this game in November, I'm pretty sure that any fixes will be released then. I'd also like to see a water park expansion as well but you have to understand that implementing a water park expansion will require far more resources compared to the dlc we're getting. First off, Frontier will need to make bathing suit models, implement physics for the watersides, add a whole new AI system for the pools, and let's not forget that they'll probably want to add new scenarios that use the new water park system. We can all agree that we want a water park expansion, but I'm pretty sure Frontier is holding that until they actually fix the game because the whole concept of a water park will add an entirely new mechanics on park management. If they start working on the water park expansion while the game's core mechanics are still broken, it'll end up being a disappointment imo.

but I'm pretty sure Frontier is holding that until they actually fix the game

The point is that Frontier is working on dlc instead of fixing the game's core mechanics. Rather than make the base game more up to par they are investing resources into creating small dlc packs. Admittedly, dlc is more about modeling work than coding, but it's still annoying. It seems like Frontier is in need of more $$$.

Also the water park part of the poll isn't really serious, I'll edit it to make that more obvious. I'm sure they'll make expansions eventually but like you said that isn't the best idea when lots of key issues with the game haven't been fixed.

The point is that Frontier is working on dlc instead of fixing the game's core mechanics. Rather than make the base game more up to par they are investing resources into creating small dlc packs. Admittedly, dlc is more about modeling work than coding, but it's still annoying. It seems like Frontier is in need of more $$$.
Again, I'm pretty sure Frontier has fixed some, if not, many of the issues we have with the game. However, I'm pretty sure that they're holding it back for November since they did mention that something big will happen then.

I forgot to put this in the poll but another good one would be parks randomly becoming swamped with guests when there is only 1 attraction. In general the amount of guests small parks get is way too high, and the irony is that it dumps on lower end computers.

Bump
This is a day late but after buying the spooky dlc, I have to say that it was worth the $10 imo. The dlc not only adds a few new and unique rides, paths and mascots, but this pack also includes 200+ new secenery items, building sets, special effects, and animatronics. (Although the animatronic were the only disappointing part of the pack due to the lack of diversity of animatronics in this pack)

Frontier has also released a free update with this dlc that includes a coaster friction slider which allows us to edit the friction of any coaster, a new inverted launched coaster that has it's own tunnel scenery, and Frontier aciddently released a feature that allows us to swap coaster trains. They also fixed some of the audio issues some coasters had.

Nvm, Frontier just released an update that removed the option to switch train cars. They said that it will be released next update.

Frontier has also released a free update with this dlc that includes a coaster friction slider which allows us to edit the friction of any coaster
I have been waiting for the option to change friction for so long. Most of the default coaster friction doesn't match up with real life.

I'm still pretty salty that they're charging for spooky scenery though. All RCT games came with spooky theming straight out of the box. It seems like Planet Coaster is falling into the typical trap of making people pay first to buy most of the game and then buy DLC to get the complete game. Maybe that's why the initial price tag is lower than your typical game but it still kind of irks me.

Silvarret is ripping on Six Flags with his new park, it's pretty funny and sadly true: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1175997202

Anniversary update is out! Here's the trailer.

Highlights from the update notes that I'm glad to see finally got addressed:
  • New staff building that employees return to for breaks and when training
  • Vendors will now leave shops when unhappy and you must restaff the shop (hooray)
  • Picnic tables that make guests attracted to nearby food and drink shops
  • Toilets must now be cleaned by janitors
  • Advertise rides with signs and information booths
  • Guests now spawn with one of over 20 traits
  • Coaster and tracked ride cars can now be swapped for new combinations
  • New water coaster and hydraulic launch coaster types
  • Scenario editor

This looks pretty sweet so I'll probably get back into playing PC for a while.

They also added a new scenario for this update but it's super easy to complete.

They also added a new scenario for this update but it's super easy to complete.
I figured they did since it seems every major update is accompanied with a new set of scenarios.

The game is also 55% off this weekend for anyone interested in picking it up