More Boats

Author Topic: More Boats  (Read 1532 times)

There's an overwhelming number of cars and other land vehicles, and planes and other sky vehicles, but only a scarce few watercraft. There is only one by default, and the only boats I can find are old and/or don't work. I feel as though water is half useless without something to drive through it, the most you can do is row or swim between islands in a tropical sort of build.

A good place to start and look for inspiration would be GTA's boats.

Also slightly off-topic. GSF's aircraft carrier came with a no-mount script. I'm wondering if there is, or if it's possible to make, a standalone version. This could lead to larger vehicles where the passengers do not need to sit being made, though I recall this concept being very buggy, so...

There is not enough medieval/pirate add-ons in general.

Everyone is only making modern or future add-ons.

Yeah, a good branch of this idea is to take things from the golden age of piracy, schooners, brigs, galleons. I'd also like to see more stuff from antiquity such as triremes.

heh

someone commissioned me to do a viking ship and i also made rowboat variants for skill4life's pirate server
another ship sneak peek!

nothing i do can really compare to what carbon has done as of late but i made a few edits of the default rowboat for skill's server

may release them later, depends on some things. namely skill and said commissioner's decision

can i commission you to make the exact same thing but release it

can i commission you to make the exact same thing but release it
uh.....okay, lol

heh

someone commissioned me to do a viking ship and i also made rowboat variants for skill4life's pirate server

may release them later, depends on some things. namely skill and said commissioner's decision

Any chance you could put a decal on the sail so people like me can edit it whenever we want?

tbh I may make and release a bunch of boat edits but I really don't know, making vehicles work is a huge pain in the butt

All the cool stuff never gets released.  :panda:

Any chance you could put a decal on the sail so people like me can edit it whenever we want?
thats a neat idea but i dont know how to make it happen. i have no idea how to make .ifl's.

There is not enough medieval/pirate add-ons in general.

Everyone is only making modern or future add-ons.
I think there is a lot of unique addons in general. Probably some remakes of old ones too.