Author Topic: Roller Coaster Tycoon series - MEGATHREAD  (Read 2134 times)

ABOUT
Roller Coaster Tycoon, or commonly known as, RCT, was a tycoon game franchise based on making amusement parks and managing them. RCT was created by Chris Sawyer, a Scottish game designer who was responsible for making Transport Tycoon in 1994.

This megathread will be a place to show off stuff that the forums had made, talking about the games, discovering some add ons or parks and probably, other stuff as well.

I know there was one made before but, it kind of fell out and didn't came to be successful. I wanted to make a megathread after I showed off my park which I am still making and yet to be finished and, name. I would mainly make stuff on RCT2 and 3 as I have them. But some of you probably have one of the others or, if not all.
I can't imagine you getting RCT4.

MY PARK
I don't know what to name and place location of it with some backstory or, whatever.

loving volume stayed on too long when taking screenshot. The park can be updated as time goes by.

Ok, that's it. /discuss

Sometimes I wanna go back and play 2 but it makes no sense when I have 3

yes this is a gud

also openrct2 is nice u should try it if u have rct2

openrct2 is great, rct2 multiplayer is a hilarious beast

yes this is a gud

also openrct2 is nice u should try it if u have rct2
openrct2 is great, rct2 multiplayer is a hilarious beast
I do have OpenRCT2 on my old computer and will transfer my files with it and start it up again.

A thread!

I played the stuff out of the first RCT when I was younger and the third on release. They both were owned by my brother so I don't have them anymore, though I bought the first installment from GOG a while back. :)

Adding to that I'm a huge fan of the tycoon games. I own Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2 as well as playing Railroad tycoon when I was younger though I never really understood what I was doing.

yess i played the first rct with both the expansions first a long time ago and i loved it, then i got the gold version of rct3 from best buy that just had the soaked expansion (dumb lil me back then thought that was the best version, nope turns out it was platinum which i thought was silver ;~;), then more recently i just got the first three rct's including all their expansions on steam, then i discovered openrct2 and recently they made it so u can enter the file location of the 1st game in the options so u can play those scenarios too on the dev branch at least (which is gud cus tbh the scenarios from 1 are better) so now it's just basically a happy combination of 1 and 2 along with some extra stuffs

i had rct3 platinum as a kid and it was great
my mom took over my theme park one time and was doing so much better than i ever did :((((((((((((

also i really like building water parks 'cause water parks are cool
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 01:16:31 PM by Satan From Wreck-It-Ralph »

i had rct3 platinum as a kid and it was great
my mom took over my theme park one time and was doing so much better than i ever did :((((((((((((
lmao
also i really like building water parks 'cause water parks are cool
my man

I had got RCT2 when I was a very young child from some cereal box or, I bought it from a game store for my basement computer and my father's old laptop. I had memories of burning the factory map, trying to build some fictional Six Flags from their sponsorship. The sponsorship kind helped the game for me. Thanks Six Flags. I had played the game before on a recent computer but, kind of didn't had the memories of that.

Now, I wanted more Six Flag maps in it. But, anyway, when I heard about RCT2, I searched for it and it was available to Mac and I installed it and used my old RCT2 CD to redownload it. I am glad this exists. I liked RCT2's atmosphere than RCT3's. It gives me off an vibe of Late 90s-Early-Mid 2000s. I am surprised some people still make parks on RCT2 when I searched some up.

can we create an openrct2 server anytime soon?

can we create an openrct2 server anytime soon?
Maybe, when I get OpenRCT2 transferred or, someone opens one.

i have rct3 plat edition but i am linux nerd
ripp

Ok, I set up OpenRCT2. I would probably start some BLF server. It could be a scenario or, some blank map. I haven't tried multiplayer yet so, I will see what I could do.

I remember my dad trying to fix the expansion disc to the first game when I was like 8 or 9, and got it work literally once, later we just got a new copy of the game. I remember playing RCT2 way too much, I was always in free build (or whatever it was called I haven't played it in a year or so) and also RCT3 was fun because you can the first person view on rides.