Author Topic: should i enroll in a $800 online c++ learning course  (Read 3959 times)

only take the class if you're super lazy and you need it to "kickstart" your learning

but seeing how you already use khan academy, im guessing you're not lazy so don't take the class

I definitely would not do it. Personally, I think teachers suck at teaching programming. Every time I've been in a programming course for my computer science degree, I've ended up having to look up 75% of the stuff online to actually get an understanding of what I'm supposed to do. They expect you to do that. Thing is: you can do that by yourself, for free, so why pay for it?

do n o t
i learnt the bare minimum of C++ and python just by fooling around with it

also if you aim to learn something more complex like ASM or x86 ASM then yea go for classes

do n o t
i learnt the bare minimum of C++ and python just by fooling around with it

also if you aim to learn something more complex like ASM or x86 ASM then yea go for classes
>not learning the most common architecture in the world
ARM master race

Yo if you pay me 800 dollars i'll teach you C++ and throw in some C and C# lessons while im at it. :3

But yeah probably not worth unless you doin some four dimensional c programs in space.

Personally I think programming courses are a total waste of money. There is nothing computer science related that you cannot learn for free. There is also no objectively right answer for what language your should learn first. You should base that decision on the practicality and not just semantics. There is no point in learning how to program in a language that you ultimately wont be productive with.

Personally I think programming courses are a total waste of money. There is nothing computer science related that you cannot learn for free. There is also no objectively right answer for what language your should learn first. You should base that decision on the practicality and not just semantics. There is no point in learning how to program in a language that you ultimately wont be productive with.
tru

hell no. 800$ to learn c++ in a class which you’re going to forget the majority of the content later in life is useless. i learned c++ without ever taking a class, or, even going online to see tutorials. i used the documentation, and some examples. that’s it, and, not to mention that damn near all of the c++ courses force you to learn it one way and force an over-reliance on the std library, which, while, yes, it’s pretty okay, but you should be library agnostic in a perfect world and be able to adapt instead of thinking that you need std::map to solve one specific thing, blah blah. it’s stupid.

Ignore the above post; use sketchup

Ignore the above post; use sketchup
i’ll sketch u up babe ;)

my richard is straighter than the line tool right now

my richard is straighter than the line tool right now
a/s/l?

18/m/playstation 2 hbu ;)

spending money to get taught something that you can learn on youtube for free or that you can buy at most an $100 book about is a huge waste of money, it's why I don't plan on going to art school even though one of my viable career interests is being a storyboard artist/animator

spend that money on a new computer

If you are paying 800 dollars, they outta just hook you up to a machine that automatically imports the code syntax and functions right into your brain

I don't understand why you would pay anyone 800 bucks to learn something you could learn on your own for free. The teacher better be lovey and give after school head everyday for that price!