should I sell my Wii U for a Switch

Author Topic: should I sell my Wii U for a Switch  (Read 3370 times)

The switch is going to fail like the Wii-U.
tony’s right, op should invest in a psvita

switch is looking really promising so far. I’d say go for it

i'd do it, but i just found mario maker and if miiverse being gone means there's no online courses i'd definitely do that, there's not really that much good wii u games and if there are they are hidden in shovelware. i never found a lot of vc titles there interesting, unlike the wii's vc selection

The switch is going to fail like the Wii-U.

https://gamingbolt.com/sony-confirms-end-of-ps-vita-support-officially-labels-it-legacy-platform
killed in 2015, released in 2011 (or 2012 in usa)

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/239271-official-nintendo-kills-wii-u-ends-production
killed in 2016, released in 2012

what a surprise, they both sucked

meanwhile, switch in first year:

and christmas hasn't even hit yet

https://gamingbolt.com/sony-confirms-end-of-ps-vita-support-officially-labels-it-legacy-platform
killed in 2015, released in 2011 (or 2012 in usa)

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/239271-official-nintendo-kills-wii-u-ends-production
killed in 2016, released in 2012

tony’s right, op should invest in a psvita

switch is looking really promising so far. I’d say go for it

is this a b8

ftfy

despite the fact that they've already sold millions of units and sold out in both na and japan several times?

we all thought that tony, but the switch actually has games unlike the wii-u

lord tony continues to endlessly harp on the switch v.93494630345

Everyone endlessly harping over one opinion post on the switch v.93494630345

The example you're showing says the vita beat both the wii-u and switch and it's an old ass handheld.

First year consoles like the switch usually sell high due to hype, it eventually crashes after a year.

Also the xbox one bragged when they "sold" a lot of units their first year but that's only counting how many units were sold to stores, not how many units people bought from those stores.

So are these numbers accurate or is it units sold to stores not units sold to homes?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 03:16:07 PM by King Tøny »

wiiU :

the types of casual "gamers" that flocked to the wii, are not the kind of "gamers" that buy another one any time soon lol. they got lucky cuz they filled a stuffty family newb gamer void. can only do that every 10 years minimum.

wiiU :

the types of casual "gamers" that flocked to the wii, are not the kind of "gamers" that buy another one any time soon lol. they got lucky cuz they filled a stuffty family newb gamer void. can only do that every 10 years minimum.

Old people and soccer moms still play with a regular wii and have no intention to upgrade.

lol

hell yes freek then we can play mario kart together and i will kick your a**sk

im just going to go ahead and describe the games i've played on the switch so far, if you want an idea of what kind of games there are:
botw - really great open world zelda game that breaks from typical zelda tradition and tries a bunch of new stuff that works out really well. also available on wii u, but the switch version is superior due to portability and performance.
mario kart 8 deluxe - pretty much an improved version of mario kart 8 on the wii u, as the name implies. all the dlc from mk8 is included. features new characters (ex. inklings), a totally revamped battle mode that actually doesn't suck, as well as other changes to the gameplay throughout.
arms - really fun fighting game where you're a character with extendable arms that goes around a ring extending them out to attack. features multiple modes, like your typical fighting modes, a hedlok mode where you must work with the other players to defeat a powerful ai-controlled guy, and little games like v-ball and hoops.
splatoon 2 - oh boy, let me tell you, this is probably my favorite of them all. i have a forum thread in the games section if you want to read more into it. it takes the original splatoon, a great game on the wii u, and makes it better in every way. complete graphical and scenery overhauls, new stages, new music, new gear, more customization for your inkling, a new salmon run horde mode, a new hero storyline, etc etc etc.
super mario odyssey - absolutely great to play mario platformer. it's real fun, just exploring all new worlds and going around with your magical cap to possess capture creatures so you can do things. tons of things to collect, and tons of things to do in the kingdoms.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 07:37:58 PM by Mr Queeba »

im just going to go ahead and describe the games i've played on the switch so far, if you want an idea of what kind of games there are:
botw - really great open world zelda game that breaks from typical zelda tradition and tries a bunch of new stuff that works out really well. also available on wii u, but the switch version is superior due to portability and performance.
mario kart 8 deluxe - pretty much an improved version of mario kart 8 on the wii u, as the name implies. all the dlc from mk8 is included. features new characters (ex. inklings), a totally revamped battle mode that actually doesn't suck, as well as other changes to the gameplay throughout.
arms - really fun fighting game where you're a character with extendable arms that goes around a ring extending them out to attack. features multiple modes, like your typical fighting modes, a hedlok mode where you must work with the other players to defeat a powerful ai-controlled guy, and little games like v-ball and hoops.
splatoon 2 - oh boy, let me tell you, this is probably my favorite of them all. i have a forum thread in the games section if you want to read more into it. it takes the original splatoon, a great game on the wii u, and makes it better in every way. complete graphical and scenery overhauls, new stages, new music, new gear, more customization for your inkling, a new salmon run horde mode, a new hero storyline, etc etc etc.
super mario odyssey - absolutely great to play mario platformer. it's real fun, just exploring all new worlds and going around with your magical cap to possess capture creatures so you can do things. tons of things to collect, and tons of things to do in the kingdoms.

I'd also add on Snipperclips, Mario + Rabbids, Fire Emblem Warriors, and all the third party games that isn't RiME.

snipper clips is a great game to play with a girl you tryna forget

I'm kinda pissed off about Snipper Clips being short for around £20 and then they release a DLC upgrade for around £8.