are these good headphones?

Author Topic: are these good headphones?  (Read 896 times)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AJIF4E/

decently priced and reputable brand. question is though are they good? might get them for christmas

i guess if you've got a peabrain they could fit

i guess if you've got a peabrain they could fit

lmao what the forget

what i like the most is the frequency range, 10 Hz - 20 kHz. sounds like some good bass. if speakers are good though, i don't know.

if ocean man sounds good in it, it is good

i actually have these lol

they're fine, albeit a bit uncomfortable especially after an extended period of time

what i like the most is the frequency range, 10 Hz - 20 kHz. sounds like some good bass. if speakers are good though, i don't know.
well it depends on what kind of frequency response you want, if you want it warm (slightly more bass, but not overpowering or bad) then this doesn't look like the right one since it seems to be going for a flat EQ

i actually have these lol

they're fine, albeit a bit uncomfortable especially after an extended period of time

i'm actually curious how the mids are a bit more than the bass.

well it depends on what kind of frequency response you want, if you want it warm (slightly more bass, but not overpowering or bad) then this doesn't look like the right one since it seems to be going for a flat EQ

what do you mean by a flat EQ?

what do you mean by a flat EQ?

not warm, not punchy, there's 0 processing happening as far as i'm aware

it's delivering the most default sound possible

i'm actually curious how the mids are a bit more than the bass.

the mids are incredibly clean, and aren't muddied at all by the bass

not warm, not punchy, there's 0 processing happening as far as i'm aware

it's delivering the most default sound possible

wow that's incredible disappointing

wow that's incredible disappointing
i'd like to point out that's not what it means
flat EQ doesn't mean there's no processing, headphones almost never do processing. It means that the drivers reproduce sound without any emphasis on a particular part of the sound. A 50Hz tone is going to have the same real amplitude as a 6KHz tone.

Note that that doesn't mean that to your ears it'll sound like a 50Hz tone is the same as a 6KHz tone, since the ear has different sensitivities to different frequencies. That's why some people prefer a "warmer" sound that has the bass slightly emphasized naturally. An example of those would be the Bose QC15's which I own.

i'd like to point out that's not what it means
flat EQ doesn't mean there's no processing, headphones almost never do processing. It means that the drivers reproduce sound without any emphasis on a particular part of the sound. A 50Hz tone is going to have the same real amplitude as a 6KHz tone.

Note that that doesn't mean that to your ears it'll sound like a 50Hz tone is the same as a 6KHz tone, since the ear has different sensitivities to different frequencies. That's why some people prefer a "warmer" sound that has the bass slightly emphasized naturally. An example of those would be the Bose QC15's which I own.

yeah i don't know if i'll headphones like these, especially for the price.

i read more about it and people say the same thing about a "default" sort of tone. even my $80 (at the time i bought them) g430's produce a warm tone.

i notice my headphones have a really good response around the 125 Hz - 2000 Hz range. i like these, but my left speaker is starting to crackle.