Blockland Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2017, 04:02:14 AM

Home Help Login Register
+  Blockland Forum
|-+  Blockland Forums
| |-+  Gallery
| | |-+  Trenchfight! (New Poll!)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: What type of environment would you prefer for combat
1. Wide open fields.
2. A mountainy environment.
3. Large towns or villages.
All of the above.
A mix of option 1 and 2
A mix of option 1 and 3
A mix of option 2 and 3

Author Topic: Trenchfight! (New Poll!)  (Read 634 times)
AverageDude

« December 06, 2017, 05:59:53 PM »

Trenchfight is a project that I'm currently working on.  It is set during World War 1, around 1916 - 1917.  The end goal of this project is to make a battlefield that really seems like it's a battlefield, I'm accomplishing this by using events to mimic shelling and global music bricks to have constant ambient noises from explosions to gunshots.  I plan to host this as a combat-oriented roleplay with a few simple rules:

1. You are a human, act like it. [You will naturally fear for your life, being in the middle of no man's land is terrifying]
2. No love on the battlefield. [Simply put, do not make peace with the enemy.]
3. You cannot be a female soldier. [Unless of course you want to be trapped in a room manufacturing shells for hours on end, on your own.]

This is mostly a collaborative project, people can hop on and build whatever to assist me with making this possible.  I host this under the name "dev stuff," so if you see that on serverlist, feel free to hop on and help out.

Here are a few screenshots of what I currently have, I'll add more as progress is made;

Sorry for no pretty shaders. :(
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:23:49 PM by AverageDude » Logged
Ad Bot

« Full members do not see ads »

Potatoh

« December 06, 2017, 08:02:01 PM »

world war 1 was one of the most prosperous times in human history and there were thousands of troops with friends on the battlefield
PhantOS

« December 06, 2017, 08:13:18 PM »

Ah yes don't you love role playing the worst 5 years in all recent human history. if ya wanna get historically accurate, you might as well force people to pretend like they have yellow fever
The Lawyer

« December 06, 2017, 08:21:25 PM »

i think the concept is really cool! I wanna see it as a TDM
AverageDude

« December 06, 2017, 08:47:09 PM »

i think the concept is really cool! I wanna see it as a TDM
This is mainly what it's going to be.  The only reason I wanted to add in a roleplay aspect is simply just to simulate the constant death of soldiers.
PhantOS

« December 06, 2017, 09:03:57 PM »

The major problem with realism in video games is that realism isn't fun while video games are. if you're going for theme then sure realism in theme is okay, but if it controls the extent of your gameplay (i.e. guns kill in 1 hit) then you ruin the tdm with mundane and broken mechanics under the guise of 'realism'

just keep this in mind while making your server
Drydess

« December 06, 2017, 09:06:03 PM »

Ah yes don't you love role playing the worst 5 years in all recent human history. if ya wanna get historically accurate, you might as well force people to pretend like they have yellow fever
too soon huh
AverageDude

« December 06, 2017, 09:10:10 PM »

The major problem with realism in video games is that realism isn't fun while video games are. if you're going for theme then sure realism in theme is okay, but if it controls the extent of your gameplay (i.e. guns kill in 1 hit) then you ruin the tdm with mundane and broken mechanics under the guise of 'realism'

just keep this in mind while making your server
To be clear; I want the environment to seem real.  I want it to seem like this is all taking place in the middle of a war.
As for everything else regarding the gameplay, I'm definitely going to balance everything I can.
PhantOS

« December 06, 2017, 09:15:03 PM »

good. atmosphere is a feature rarely worked on in most servers
AverageDude

« December 06, 2017, 09:38:07 PM »

i was afk for like 15 minutes
Becquerel

« December 06, 2017, 09:46:46 PM »

jesus christ
talk about mining the trenches
yehellis3246

« December 06, 2017, 09:50:16 PM »

jesus christ
talk about mining the trenches
mrenches
AverageDude

« December 07, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »

Added a poll.

I'm gonna figure out what I need weapon-wise, if anyone wants to help me there.
AverageDude

« December 08, 2017, 03:19:04 PM »

Update: We have a playertype that has a realistic jumping height now.  Next poll is gonna be about how we should work with the weapons. (I.e limitted ammo or infinite ammo)

As for the current poll, I’ll leave it open for like 3 more days, and from that I’ll decide what to add in.  (At the time of writing this, doesn’t look like we’ll have any handguns.”
yehellis3246

« December 08, 2017, 04:53:46 PM »

army man playertype or riot
Pages: [1] 2  

Login with username, password and session length