Author Topic: Police Shoot and Kill an Unarmed Daniel Shaver  (Read 16582 times)

You're not getting the point, so I'm just going to give up now, you clearly can't listen to the fact that he put his arm down and anyone could realise that, and if he did have a gun he would have to aim it at the cop whilst on the ground with one hand supporting him, it's an awkward position to pull a gun from, especially if it's a concealed weapon
seriously? he's on his knees and arm, one supporting limb missing isn't an awkward position to draw a firearm from at all. you're the one missing the point that he presented what appeared to be a genuine threat and was shot because of it.
but you just want to be right, and you're never wrong, so I'm just going to stop now.
smh

but really they should've cuffed him while they already had him disarmed and face to the floor
dude. it's been said numerous times that they needed to clear his room, and that's hard to set up for with a guy proned out in the middle of the hallway, and in case a threat is inside it's not good for a tripping hazard to be on the floor if you're being shot at

cuff him and move him?? like they did with his dead body but alive and with handcuffs

oh my god can you just please go away

youve made it grossly apparent you barely care for any type of discussion on these forums

i don't like discussions like this where both sides are dumb and the thing they're arguing about happened two years ago and was settled in court

sorry :(

cuff him and move him?? like they did with his dead body but alive and with handcuffs
it's easier to have him come to the officers instead of them going up closer to the door, which they have been told someone's been loving around with a rifle in the window of a hotel

they went up to the door and forgeted around with the keycard while someone moved the body away anyways

yes. they were trying to cuff him so that they could move him while he was alive, shaver made the mistake of reaching for his pants

they were actually trying to have him crawl across the floor to them instead of cuffing him while he was disarmed and on the ground

they had him crawl so that they could cuff him, clear him of anything he might've had on him, and then move him.

they could have done that where he was.

I'm sorry I was actually wrong about something.

So when I said he was dead literally when he reached for his pants, I was wrong.

When he reached for his pants and the police officer said "don't" he should have became frozen and not moved his hand at all. That was literally his last and final chance.

By reaching for your waistband and then moving your hand as fast as possible towards the ground that is considered a hostile move.

If he reached for his pants and kept his hand there frozen then the police will not shoot but will attempt to deescalate the situation. Otherwise they wouldn't have said "don't"

they could have done that where he was.
can you read? they needed to clear the room, and had no idea if others were inside with the pellet rifle(which was not known if it was or wasnt a real firearm at the time of the incident). had there been someone in there with the gun, they could've opened the door up and shot the officers or shot through the door. (had it been a real firearm)

have one person pointed at the door while the other cuffs and moves the guy?

How?

They don't know if other people were hiding in that room or not. They couldn't walk over there.

Pointing at a door also isn't as effective as people think because the guys hiding in the room could have just shot through the thin ass walls.

that's still an officer in danger of being shot

there's no more of a danger than there is while they're opening the room door (and failing somehow because they don't know how to use a keycard)