Author Topic: Items cannot be picked up after loading a save.  (Read 2465 times)

I've noticed this issue once I came back to BL, none of the items that are pre-set to spawn after a save is loaded cannot be picked up, even with disabling unneeded addons. I thought it was a weaponshop issue, however after I installed 'click to pickup items' as a replacement, the problem still occurs. The only way I am able to pickup an item is to re-wrench the brick its set to spawn on. Is there a way to trace what is causing this issue? Or was this a part of a broken update?

Probably click to pick up items.

Probably click to pick up items.
I disabled that add-on and I still cannot pick up items unless I wrench the block again.

run a trace starting right before you attempt to pick an item up and ending after you touch the item and dont pick it up

run a trace starting right before you attempt to pick an item up and ending after you touch the item and dont pick it up

Before I could even run a trace, I noticed my console was being spammed with this entry at alarming rates.

Add-ons/Vehicle_Emperor80/base_script_onadd.cs (158): Unable to find object: '130660' attempting to call function 'setNodeColor'

I don't know if Teneski knows about this or if this is a client sided problem. But I think he should know.

Here's the console.txt, I'll try to see what the issue is.

try disabling gravitycat firearms or whatever gc_ammo would possibly be

try disabling gravitycat firearms or whatever gc_ammo would possibly be
Disabled addons related to Gcat, and restarted server in game with no change, may try restarting BL.

edit: Restarting did not solve the problem. Should I do another trace?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 12:08:21 AM by HALO3cheif »

Remove any weapon pack that has ammoguns on top of gcats weapons. And next time you trace, do it for 5 seconds and then turn it off. don't leave it running for 5 minutes because people have to sift through like 2000 lines of console feed and have no idea where you encountered the error

Remove any weapon pack that has ammoguns on top of gcats weapons. And next time you trace, do it for 5 seconds and then turn it off. don't leave it running for 5 minutes because people have to sift through like 2000 lines of console feed and have no idea where you encountered the error
int his case though its pretty easy to just ctrl-f Armor::onCollision and look for items

try disabling all gcat weapons ant T+T
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:11:37 AM by Conan »

Here is what was found after searching for onCollision

Code: [Select]
Entering Armor::onCollision(38, 37735, 97549, 5.868252 3.774986 0.000000, )
                                                                     Entering ShapeBase::pickup(37735, 97549)
                                                                        Entering Weapon::onPickup(1402, 97549, 37735, )
                                                                           Entering ItemData::onPickup(1402, 97549, 37735, )
                                                                           Leaving ItemData::onPickup() - return 97549
                                                                        Leaving Weapon::onPickup() - return 97549
                                                                     Leaving ShapeBase::pickup() - return 97549
                                                                  Leaving Armor::onCollision() - return 97549

Here is what was found after searching for onCollision

Code: [Select]
Entering Armor::onCollision(38, 37735, 97549, 5.868252 3.774986 0.000000, )
                                                                     Entering ShapeBase::pickup(37735, 97549)
                                                                        Entering Weapon::onPickup(1402, 97549, 37735, )
                                                                           Entering ItemData::onPickup(1402, 97549, 37735, )
                                                                           Leaving ItemData::onPickup() - return 97549
                                                                        Leaving Weapon::onPickup() - return 97549
                                                                     Leaving ShapeBase::pickup() - return 97549
                                                                  Leaving Armor::onCollision() - return 97549
is this on a new trace?

is this on a new trace?
This was a new trace, after I had deleted T+T and disabled Gcat weapons.

Have you tried testing this issue on more than one save?

Have you tried testing this issue on more than one save?
Yes, and there is still an issue picking up items.