why do half the forumers here barely play blockland

Author Topic: why do half the forumers here barely play blockland  (Read 3272 times)

wait you seriously joined just for the forums?  lmao what
i have the same thing i got invited here by a user

I play the game often, I like building in singleplayer / private servers.

I play the game often, I like building in singleplayer / private servers.
this, I like the forum and all but BL is the best game I have ever played. nothing better than hopping on a buddy's server and building for hours.

i go through phases where i start playing bl a lot again for maybe a week then i stop for 3 months
same here. i stop playing bl for a month, and play my other games then i go back

Because once you've played the game for half a decade it gets old. Also, as others have stated, there aren't enough quality servers to make me want to play.

Most of the people who made the great servers I remember have moved on and left.

i've played for so long and im just burnt out
big updates or eyecatching addons will bring me back a while but i've yet to find anything interesting

played for several hundreds, possibly thousands, of hours since 2009 and i've gotten bored of it

i play every once in a while. whenever i get motivation to build something

content creation is fun for me so i do consistently play. that said im easily distracted by games like terraria where you can literally grind for hours (finding stuff) as well as build, so sometimes i end up taking week or month long breaks where i just spam that other game instead.

bl is always something i’ll come back to though since i cba to learn how to develop stuff on a real game engine like gamemaker, unity, or ue4 (gamemaker counts cause you can actually make an end-to-end game on it, even if its not particularly robust)
i honestly should just give gm a go but i never find the interest to :(

would you play this game?

You wouldn't download blockland

Yes it's a take on the anti piracy you wouldn't download a car thing

and yes I ruined my own joke
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:05:20 PM by Mardalf »

'cause i dont want to keep waiting my Steam startup.

blockland got boring for me after a year.

While checking my Steam game-time for another thread, I discovered that Blockland is my second most played Steam game at 206.8 hours. I find that interesting given that I didn't buy the game for the game. It's probably a result of hours spent in Kreon's, Rising Lava, Boss Battles and New Year's when I was dragged into those servers by friends.
i miss rising lava, too bad it kinda went to stuff when people who spent all day on the server were able to destroy anyone who would only pop in for a couple hours or so