Net neutrality shenanigins are happening.

Author Topic: Net neutrality shenanigins are happening.  (Read 38016 times)

doesnt it have to go through to congress now
wait it does?
No. The FCC presently has full authority on the subject, their word is final. Congress could pass a bill that overrides the FCC on the subject of net neutrality, but that solution isn't quite within grasp yet.

No. The FCC presently has full authority on the subject, their word is final. Congress could pass a bill that overrides the FCC on the subject of net neutrality, but that solution isn't quite within grasp yet.
I believe there’s already a bill being introduced, if I’m not mistaken

I believe there’s already a bill being introduced, if I’m not mistaken
Chances of passing in the current climate is assumed to be very low, most republican reps don't support net neutrality; a significant amount of democrat reps don't support it either. I'd guess the cable lobby is too strong for it to get anywhere.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:00:34 PM by Master Matthew² »

after watching that "7 things you can still do after net neutrality" video, ive concluded that trolling is now officially a political tactic

the internet created its demise and now their creation is part of the system. beautifully tragic

after watching that "7 things you can still do after net neutrality" video, ive concluded that trolling is now officially a political tactic

the internet created its demise and now their creation is part of the system. beautifully tragic

Ironic, it could save other's from death, but not itself.

size=25pt
This is one of the reasons people find your presence so obnoxious.

This is one of the reasons people find your presence so obnoxious.
stuff
That was supposed to be 15

No. The FCC presently has full authority on the subject, their word is final.

no they dont?

it goes to the court system next which is where it was killed last time

no they dont?

it goes to the court system next which is where it was killed last time
The courts can overrule anything, it doesn't change the fact that the FCC was fully in charge of the decision. Until something with more authority overrides the FCC's authority on Net Neutrality, it's no longer in force.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:19:49 PM by Pecon »

has it passed now or what

"isps would throttle people"
"why would they do that if they still want customers"
"ajit pai is bad looking >:("

Is your reading comprehension just stuff or are you purposely misunderstanding this? They can do whatever they want, pretty much nobody has the choice to switch to another ISP.

ISPs already have been throttling pre-NN. This has been a known thing for awhile. You're completely full of stuff here.

Ajit Pai might've just became the biggest and most grandiose troll of all time