Poll

Update/Current Events Information

[In Use] Weather Summary in Title; NO Update or Current Events in Display
2 (40%)
Move Weather Summary to Supplemental OP; Update Prompts in Title
1 (20%)
Suggest in Discord channel.
1 (20%)
Voter is lame.  (Sorry, not sorry, Plethora)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: SURVIVE 4 — Land of Savages • [DAY 3 | Early Night | In the Squall]  (Read 30692 times)

Ikhannuk's eyes narrow. "Very well." Ikhannuk moves out of the way for Theric to walk ahead.

Nodding, Theric goes ahead as Ikhannuk intends to let him. He gauges the rest of the group now, looking between them all briefly before he begins to carry along with a little small talk with the others who'd bother to talk to him along the way. Just basic questions, like names and what they're good at.

The men don't seem to want to answer questions, but seem rather focused on the task of trying to find the other group that set off ahead. They curtly give their names and their positions, Ikhannuk is a captain in the Akkemani military, and had been since he was 14. Luatu, more cheery, given the situation, says that he is a sergeant in the Akkemani military. Haardal, seeming very bashful all the sudden, simply says, "Haardal, sailor."

The men don't seem to want to answer questions, but seem rather focused on the task of trying to find the other group that set off ahead. They curtly give their names and their positions, Ikhannuk is a captain in the Akkemani military, and had been since he was 14. Luatu, more cheery, given the situation, says that he is a sergeant in the Akkemani military. Haardal, seeming very bashful all the sudden, simply says, "Haardal, sailor."

Theric looks over at Ikhannuk, tilting his head to the side. "Young age for a captain. I take it you must've been as tall as those twice your age by then, though?" Snickering a little, he shrugs. "It's good to start young, though. More time to get better."

Peering at Luatu, Theric asks, "How long have you been a sergeant for?"

Tilting his head, Theric peers back at Haardal. "Sailor, huh?" he asks, probably rhetorically. Looking forward for a moment as they continue along, he speaks up after a second of thought. "I knew a sailor once. His name was Auda." Sniffling, there's a brief pause and then he adds, "Stabbed a Trusian centurion in the eye.". Looking back at Theric, he gives Haardal a lopsided grin, "Who knows. Maybe you'll do something like that too." Words of inspiration? It's either that or just teasing.

Theric quickly goes over how he was one of the chosen swordsmen for the Vannateli. He was training to fight since he was ten, and was born just before they reached the eastern-most parts of Kaubern. This meant he's never properly settled down before. When he came of age at 16, he began to participate in the raids along the settlements of Eastern Kaubern. Taking their time as they migrated, it took them a good few years to get to the west. There, they attempted to besiege Konsantium- but they were thrown back after forced further west. Theric spares them all the majority of the tale, summing it up with that they made their way west, he got cut off- got on a boat to try and flee Trusian forces chasing them and ended up here.

After speaking, Theric joins them in silence and trying to focus in on the group they're trying to track.

"Hmmf." Ikhannuk seems only the slightest bit amused.

Luatu thinks for a moment, staring at the tall pines overhead. "Probably... 4?.. 5 years?"

"Tru-si-an?" I dunno what a Trusian is but that sounds pretty gnarly." he seems to trail off, not discernibly through disgust.

The three men listen to Theric's story as they crest the hill and make it down to the other side, nodding and listening with interest.

They reach the bottom to Vanati and Igrikam coming back to them from the west, waving respective sword and spear back. Ikhannuk's voive booms, "Hello! What find you?!"

They eventually draw nearer.

Vanati speaks, "More tracks. Another boat close, and one boat far, maybe one boat further beyond the Tefiriz Tree, and a corpse shortly within the forest from the nearest tree. His hands, the vomit from his mouth, and the bared Endani bushes suggests his fate."

The group eyes the storm.

"We need to go", Vanati says to the group, encouraging the group to come back up the hill to the other side.

The clouds overhead are beginning to grow dark, flashes of lightning can be seen through thick sheets of rain far out at sea.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:44:53 AM by SWAT One »

A man's voice yelling is heard over the near-gale winds. It is hard again, closer, definitively within the forest to the North.

A sailor runs out to Theric and the other men. "Galaskaar's call. We need to go. Now."

Looking between all the men and then the sailor who approached himself and the group- Theric peers at them all before he shrugs. "I'm with you." Letting them take the initiative- though casting wary eyes up to the sky at the prospect of the oncoming storm.

"Right, let's go." Ikhannuk says to all the men.

The party heads up and over the hill with haste as the near-gale wind makes the signature deep wooshing of high wind through tall pines. A mid-size branch cracks and falls 20 feet to their left, at one point. They arrive at the boat just as hey tie everything up on-board. When the crew catches sight of the men, they wave them over, calling them out. They look prepared to lift the anchor.

Attn.: Theric

Douzheng nods. "I am no beggar, aye- but nor am I sedentary. I'll leave, but I want to earn my supplies first. What can I help with?"

Zaluk seems to have nodded off again. He wakes suddenly when Douzheng replies. "Oh uh... Yes, can you read?"

Zven comes back into the room with a wooden platter with a loaf of steaming bread and a knife on it. He sets i down on the desk and cuts his master a slice, then cuts another and offers it to Douzheng.

Aif, seeing the incoming storm quickly calculates that he can't do any wicker work for the fence before the storm hits and helps Yana bring firewood into the hut and secure anything that could be expected to blow off, including some of the less well-secured thatching.

He also takes a larger stick and uses it to dig around and away from the hut to drain away the rainfall improve the capacity of the moat Yana has already dug, though he knows he can't get too far with it before it starts coming down.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:41:27 PM by Plethora »

Douzheng accepts the bread.

"Yes, I can read and write. For a time, I'd worked in courts."

"Right, let's go." Ikhannuk says to all the men.

The party heads up and over the hill with haste as the near-gale wind makes the signature deep wooshing of high wind through tall pines. A mid-size branch cracks and falls 20 feet to their left, at one point. They arrive at the boat just as hey tie everything up on-board. When the crew catches sight of the men, they wave them over, calling them out. They look prepared to lift the anchor.

Attn.: Theric

Theric hurriedly rushes back with the rest of the group, huffing as he maintains his steady pace to keep with the rest of them. When they finally arrive back to the boat, Theric opts to help the others on before getting himself on-board first.

Aif manages to dig the moat before any rain comes down.

Yana grabs a large flat stone and rushes down to the stream.

"Perfect. I need my library arranged, specifically the texts in Trusian. I am much too old and Zven does not know Trusian." Zaluk replies to Douzheng. Zven looks up at the mention of his name, but returns to cutting more slices of bread for the men at the table. There is a wall crammed with books and scrolls behind him.

The bread is freshly-baked and soothing.

The men happily receive his help and pull Theric up on board just as the boat begins leaving. The sails remain tied up, and several men on the already mainly depopulated deck head under for the rowing deck. They start to push the oars out of the several port and starboard portholes. Two men are manning the rudder. A soldier commands Theric, "Go and help the men below." before walking toward a man of the cloth which Theric had not noticed before, with his face covered by a large hood. The cloak is grey, but decorated with indigo patterns on the hood, arms and back. The man speaks with Ikhannuk and the helmsman, but then turns to face the soldier which addressed him before.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:46:02 AM by SWAT One »

Douzheng nods once more.

"Very well- when shall I begin?"

"Well with the storm about to come in and nothing really to do outside, you may start now."

"Zven, [unknown. . .." Zven nods and leaves the bread where it is. Zaluk takes another piece, and motions to the bread with palms up to welcome Douzheng to partake.

Attn.: Douzheng
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 12:14:19 PM by SWAT One »