[Vehicle] Skateboard - Drag update

Author Topic: [Vehicle] Skateboard - Drag update  (Read 10825 times)

can we get some onGrind events?

This would be great. Perhaps difficult but I think adding the ability to Nata Spin on single bricks would be well worth the investment.

SO WE NEED SOMEONE TO RACE OVER THERE, SOMEONE WHO CAN USE A VEHICLE THAT CAN TRAVEL ON ROADS AND PATHS, AND OVER RAMPS, AND IN A JIFFY!
Looks at topic

A SKATEBOARD, PERHAPS!?

Lego Island Blockland Remake when Tony?

bug: if you do /skateboardlogo while not on a board it spams console

Glad to see you finally released this, had lotso fun testing it on the server. Great add-on!

The skateboard parks are already being built...

(Built by Ostinyo, TF141 Ghost, and meatsale when I was hosting a skateboarding server.)

i'm sorry but did you just say "skateboard park"

yea its right there

to be fair, its not a skate park without roller skates and scooters

Alright, new update. Big thanks to Buddy for most of these tweaks that he edited in while I was too lazy to do it myself, and also several new features that you guys have been asking for.

Download

- Board now moves more fluidly, with less drag, and higher speed. It shouldn't feel like you're stuck in mud while doing stuff now. (Credits to Buddy)
- Board now matches the speed you're currently moving at when entering a grind. Allows you to do faster and slower grinds. (Credits to Buddy)
- OnBoardGrind and onBoardStopGrind events. (Credits to Buddy)
- The /skateboardMarker command now has /SBM for shorthand. (Credits to Buddy)
- Typing /skateboardLogo while not standing on a board will no longer spam console.
- Getting on a skateboard via the skateboard item now calls setBuildingDisabled(0) on the client. This means that the client will be able to enable supershift and by extension be able to do reversible tricks (heelflips, front shuvs) in minigames that have building disabled. This will not enable building in minigames that have building disabled.
- The Shift Towards key (Numpad 2 on standard keyboard) has been binded to back flip. Enabling supershift will reverse this to front-flip.

OH Also if you fall off your skateboard you will take damage when you hit the ground/bounce around. You will take more damage depending on how hard you hit the ground. If that doesn't appeal to you the following pref controls how much damage you take:
$Pref::Skateboard::DamageScale (default 0.5)

To disable, just type $Pref::Skateboard::DamageScale = 0; into console.

I also changed the tumble sound effects to something more comical

great work as usual rally

Also I think I might have fixed the whole teleportation under the ground stuff (problem with the default skis) but I've never been able to reproduce the issue so *shrug*

Lego Island Blockland Remake when Tony?

When people want to help but now that there is a skateboard I might actually want to finish it.

Now I just need the lego skateboard from LI1.