a pubg/hunger games like gamemode

Author Topic: a pubg/hunger games like gamemode  (Read 2791 times)

there was a battle royale gamemode being hosted a few days ago. also i think swollow made a battle royale gamemode

hey this actually wouldn't be too hard to make

hey this actually wouldn't be too hard to make
Yeah, it’d be fairly easy. PTG some terrain, add in some saves, and make bricks with random weapons spawn on them. However what about the barrier? As far as I can tell, it could work, but it would be pretty ‘eventy’:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:24:01 PM by speeddog73 »

However what about the barrier? As far as I can tell, it could work, but it would be pretty ‘eventy’:

there's an addon in this thread that might help
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=297264.0

i actually tried doing this but it was pretty stupid tbh

OT: Please do not make any more single-life gamemodes with massive respawn timers

OT: Please do not make any more single-life gamemodes with massive respawn timers
This.
The only reason it works for these standalone games is that once you die, you can just hop into a new match.
This doesn't happen on Blockland. Everyone's just going to get sick of waiting and you know people will stall it out on purpose.

This.
The only reason it works for these standalone games is that once you die, you can just hop into a new match.
This doesn't happen on Blockland. Everyone's just going to get sick of waiting and you know people will stall it out on purpose.
Yeah, something with as huge of a scale as pubg simply isn't going to work for this reason.

But that doesn't mean something smaller scale and faster paced couldn't work.

I'm not sure how displaying the blue/white circles on a map could work in BL, so you might need a different concept.

What about 10-20 players thrown into a small village, with individual houses gradually being bombarded and completely destroyed?

Or you could go hunger games route instead of pubg, and instead of having a shrinking playzone, have things like hunger and natural hazards

There was a small scale battle royale before. It had random powerups dropping for the players too. It was more like a "fast paced large arena (think randomizer sized) with 1 life", than it was a "run around for long periods of time just to kill/die really fast".

What if all the dead players came back as zombies? :cookieMonster: Not exactly PUBG but at-least it'd keep people involved

Yeah I think with a PUBG like gamemode there should be something for dead players to do, maybe a sort of Mafia Madness like thing, where you spawn in a different room and can actually do something instead of just watching people do nothing.

I’ve got a possible solution:
Make the PUBG game mode but quicker, however add an optional but advertized randomizer death match to occupy the dead players. It will help players test weapons and work on strategies to keep them more intrigued for the next round. I’ve seen this before, I forget on what server though.
there's an addon in this thread that might help
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=297264.0
Not gonna lie that death bubble is a pretty neat addon.

do a ttt thing where you can join a deathmatch or smth when you die

Open up slayer. Choose deathmatch, Set the lives amount to 1 Live.