Author Topic: A smoking mod.  (Read 2747 times)

I need a mod which adds in cigarettes which the player can smoke in order to heal themselves.  (10 HP per cigarette)

It'd be rad if someone could model a cigarette case which holds 6 cigarettes and animate the player grabbing one and smoking it.  I would like for the smoking animation to last approx. 3 seconds before the player simply discards the cigarette, and make the player unable to swap weapons/items during this animation.

I would like the cigarette case to look like this.

Cigarettes as Healing items? Yeah, right...

If anything, to better reflect what Cigarettes do to you, the "cigarette" item should
drain HP by 10 points at first, x2 for each additional cigarette.

Either way Cigarettes as healing items is a terrible idea, given how toxic they are to
us in real life. Don't believe me, just google image search "smoker lung"

I like this idea. The dedicated animation seems a bit unfitting, though, especially considering that the color of the hand in the animation wouldn't match the color of the player's hand. I would just go with an ordinary carton item that mounts a cigarette in the head slot to give a slow healing over time effect while not obstructing weapon usage, because there's no reason why you can't smoke and shoot a gun at the same time.

Either way Cigarettes as healing items is a terrible idea, given how toxic they are to
k???

If anything, to better reflect what Cigarettes do to you, the "cigarette" item should

hey this is blockland not real life! blockheads dont have lungs!

I need these as minor healing items for a gamemode I’m going to host.

The dedicated animation seems a bit unfitting, though, especially considering that the color of the hand in the animation wouldn't match the color of the player's hand. I would just go with an ordinary carton item that mounts a cigarette in the head slot to give a slow healing over time effect while not obstructing weapon usage, because there's no reason why you can't smoke and shoot a gun at the same time.
Yeah, I might have gone overkill on suggesting animations and restricting weapon switching.  The heal over time sounds a lot better than what I originally planned.

How about no healing or draining at all if you want to be realistic about the short term affects of cigarettes? Perhaps it acts as a defense buff since it has calming effects on users?

How about no healing or draining at all if you want to be realistic about the short term affects of cigarettes? Perhaps it acts as a defense buff since it has calming effects on users?
I plan on adding in alcohol for a small defense boost, cigarettes are something that I now plan to have small health regen, if no actual medical supplies are available.

Though I’m not entirely sure if this is how it should work, I believe this is the best way to go about this.

cigarettes are bad for you???

no way

for real though make it like mgs so you lose like 1 point of health every time you puff it

for real though make it like mgs so you lose like 1 point of health every time you puff it
Ctrl+K

lol how is there smoke none of those in his mouth are lit

lol how is there smoke none of those in his mouth are lit
thats his tobacco-rotten breath

maybe make it like the l4d pills which give a temp health boost but then drains down over time, except with this make it drain twice as much as it initially gives

maybe make it like the l4d pills which give a temp health boost but then drains down over time, except with this make it drain twice as much as it initially gives
I like this idea