stuff to buy for $100?

Author Topic: stuff to buy for $100?  (Read 2985 times)

it's a better idea to get studio monitors and use a modmic on them

Cloud 2 is the only one I know that has a detachable mic though

Cloud 2 is the only one I know that has a detachable mic though
???
Get the cloud alphas, same price but way better
???

the alphas seem to lose the bigger driver, virtual 7.1, control box, and a single 3.5mm jack that the cloud 2 has. doesn't seem better quality to me. a bit lower in the bass range, but it can't really do that much of a difference.

the alphas seem to lose the bigger driver, virtual 7.1, control box, and a single 3.5mm jack that the cloud 2 has. doesn't seem better quality to me. a bit lower in the bass range, but it can't really do that much of a difference.
Aight, I don't even own it myself, but time to defend the stuff outa it. The bigger driver doesn't matter all that much, because the actual quality of the drivers on the alphas are of a much higher caliber, the buzzword "dual chamber drivers" actually does mean something, it separates the bass from the mids leading to less distortion while still delivering nice bass. Virtual 7.1 is stuff lol, and if you really did miss it, windows 10 has an implementation of it built in. Still has that single 3.5, but includes a splitter to separate the audio and mic input/output.

Now for more stuff, the mic is much better when compared to the cloud 2s, just sounds less stuff in general. Although this literally means nothing because the human ears can't even hear it, the frequency response has a larger range than the cloud 2's.

I genuinely have no idea why someone would buy the cloud 2's now over the alphas, maybe for the usb? But you could just buy a 3.5 to usb adaptor and have the exact same thing. The cloud 2's are showing their age now and their replacement is here.

Also the 2's are out of stock on amazon lol.

I bought the cloud alphas used on amazon so let’s see if it comes with everything. Do you know if plugging it into an Xbox controller has the same quality as plugging it in via usb?

I bought the cloud alphas used on amazon so let’s see if it comes with everything. Do you know if plugging it into an Xbox controller has the same quality as plugging it in via usb?
Unless you're gonna use an external sound card, the alphas have no usb support, it's all 3.5mm. If you already know this, then the answer is it probably won't, but that's just cause sound over a wireless connection is usually stuff, but unless you're gonna be going pro anytime soon, I don't think it'd matter.

Unless you're gonna use an external sound card, the alphas have no usb support, it's all 3.5mm. If you already know this, then the answer is it probably won't, but that's just cause sound over a wireless connection is usually stuff, but unless you're gonna be going pro anytime soon, I don't think it'd matter.

i have a 2 3.5mm to usb converter that came with my g430's i could use. dunno if they'd work.

i have a 2 3.5mm to usb converter that came with my g430's i could use. dunno if they'd work.
They'll work but that USB converter is pure garbage and will hinder the audio quality.

Humble bundle membership for high value games each month ($12/m for $130+ game bundles)