Author Topic: Crypt of the Necrodancer Thread v2 (((Blue Dragons are Bullstuff)))  (Read 2696 times)

Welcome to the Crypt of the Necrodancer thread!

Crypt of the Necrodancer, being a isometric tile based "dungeon crawler" lets you play multiple characters as you beat the undead with weapons... to the beat!
Ofcourse, the only downside to this is that the game requires concentration. Every enemy has a pattern that you need to learn.

The entire game is based off of the arrow keys. (except for diamond). So, some skill aspect comes into play. Weapons automatically fire when an enemy is in their radius.
Here are the different weapons: (Red is just the area damaged. Orange is the area damaged that you move into.)

Weapon Matierials:

Every weapon (except the Blunderbuss, the Rifle, the Glass Shard, the Jeweled/Frost/Phasing/Electric Dagger and the Golden Lute) currently exists in up to 5 different forms, excluding their default form. These forms and their attributes are described below.
Blood:    Replenishes 0.5 health after killing 10 monsters (killing passive Green Mushrooms in Zone 2 and Cauldrons in Zone 3 still count). Increases attack damage by 999 if the player is at 0.5 hearts of health. A counter telling you how many kills left can be found under the weapon. Used in tandem with the Crown of Thorns, the player recovers 0.5 health every 5 kills instead of 10.
Glass:    Deals 4 damage per hit, but will shatter if the player gets damaged or if thrown (spears and daggers). A shattered weapon can no longer be used; instead, the Glass Shard can be found on the ground where the player was hit (or where a thrown weapon collided with a wall).
Gold:    Monsters drop 1 additional base gold (is affected by the the Groove Chain multiplier). Makes monsters in boss fights drop 1 gold. Increases attack damage by 999 damage on the beat after collecting any amount of gold.
Obsidian:    Deals damage according to the level of the Groove Chain multiplier (1-3).
Titanium:    Deals 2 damage per hit.

The Characters you start off with are interesting ones. Here are their wiki pages. I'm not showing any more to avoid spoilers.

Cadence, the first character. (Besides Bard, but Bard loving sucks)

GO TO THE CRYPT OF THE NECRODANCER WIKI FOR MORE STORY CHARACTERS AS THEY MAY SPOIL THE GAME

Bard (Read at own risk!)

Things to note

Some of this thread may be from the DLC.
This thread is still largely work in progress and is one of those threads that I usually scrap entirely because I think they would be stupid.

(Rapier!)

(Fair green dragon.)

(Lead boots in action, reskins shown)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1231832410
Best mod.

this game sucks like all of the other meme indie games

this is a klei published game

1. it's good
2. it isn't indie
3. it isn't a meme
its a stuffty meme game

its a stuffty meme game
What memes are there? The game isn't like, constantly played by youtubers or anything. Nerdcubed reviewed it I think and that's the only recent attention it has.

its a stuffty meme game

what are you talking about
it's not a 'meme' game of any kind

it's pretty fun. often times i'll use the custom soundtrack feature on PC since it's fun to do neat things like mess with BPM on certain levels.
favorite weapon has to be the rapier (at least when playing characters like bard)

i prefer the longsword to the rapier on everything except zone 4 because last night i got tped onto a green patch and was surrounded by monsters until i died because i had no bombs

fun

cutlass is better than longsword

aria on world 1 is hard as balls especially the last boss without any cheap tricks or memorization

the ring of shadows and the ring of phasing sucks

thats mostly because my style of playing is killing everything in a level and taking all the items of worth

the trick is to go aria ring of phasing and then skip everything except for the boss. if it's a mummy you encounter rip run, sometimes blue dragons can ruin it too

its a stuffty meme game
post a meme from this game then cause i legit havent seen any :o

the trick is to go aria ring of phasing and then skip everything except for the boss. if it's a mummy you encounter rip run, sometimes blue dragons can ruin it too
ya but the problem is i wanna kill and slaughter everything and yoink all the items

why must life be so difficult

ya but the problem is i wanna kill and slaughter everything and yoink all the items

why must life be so difficult
im sure you wanna kill and slaughter as dove huh

the kill and slaughter urge is why i ended up being a bum and playing bard. i have to have that feeling of completion.