Another horrible youtube personality thinks Blockland ripped off Roblox.

Author Topic: Another horrible youtube personality thinks Blockland ripped off Roblox.  (Read 5374 times)

albertsstuff's keys:
Obito 20093
Medusa 215363

forum account:
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=26387

and yeah flamingo and albertsstuff are the same person. this loving roblox hivemind is going to kill me someday

and if it wasn't completely obvious already this is proof he's just playing up the incompetency for the video
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:08:24 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

i want to gouge out his eyeballs and skullforget him
that's pretty goddamn gay my dude

his voice is the reason computers have a mute button

his voice is the reason computers have a mute button

you mean volume

The internet has devolved into an asylum for handicapped children.

Looking at this video now, i feel like this is a joke, the description says it's for entertainment purposes, he says for people to not go to these games' websites to hate on them and that they're not that bad, he also jokes that Blockland hasn't been updated in 10 years after acknowledging that it's been out for 10 years
That's all well and good. No hate the video creator. The problem is the people in the comments section who adamantly hold that Blockland ripped off Roblox. They obviously didn't grasp this nuance.

Roblox was released in 2006, Blockland didn't go retail until 2007, i doubt people outside of Blockland's community would know, or even care that the alpha existed as far back as 2004, and Google and the Wikipedia say that Blockland's "initial" release date was in 2007, and most people won't look any further than that

So technically Roblox did come before Blockland
Practically > technically. Even so, Blockland was public (as freeware) before Roblox was public. So technically Blockland came before Roblox. You can't just form an argument based only on the facts that people (supposedly) care about. But that's not even relevant, since the argument is whether one ripped off the other.

There is so little evidence that Blockland has pulled from Roblox, or vice versa. They had likely never even heard of each other when they were first released, given the small size of their communities at the time. We shouldn't be hurling vitriol at children for thinking the contrary (as you said, it makes us look even worse). But there's nothing wrong with correcting a misconception, especially if doing so could mean the difference between someone picking up Blockland or disregarding it.

Brain damage
Ow. The false equivalency hurts.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 07:06:28 AM by Platypi »

<has funural

explanation - profile pic had a face
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:21:52 PM by Sideswipe »