phantos admits blender is a good program (confirmed)

Author Topic: phantos admits blender is a good program (confirmed)  (Read 8774 times)

have fun with your 1 functioning program
bruh its called wine and it runs blockland better than windows ever could

no actually, since there's no point listing literally all the programs made for windows :^)

have fun with your 1 functioning program
Did you forget that linux runs 80% of business infrastructures and websites?
OPEN SOURCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun with your closed source, malware, exploitable programs Windowshill. How does it feel to run an operating system that retails for ~$100 that still puts ads, spyware, and Candy Crush all over your computer?

>nobody develops for your meme os so you have to resort to using third party ports
Did you forget that linux runs 80% of business infrastructures and websites?Have fun with your closed source, malware, exploitable programs Windowshill. How does it feel to run an operating system that retails for ~$100 that still puts ads, spyware, and Candy Crush all over your computer?
"LINUX BETTER THAN WINDOW NO MALWARE AND OPEN SOURCE"

Is something stopping you from going onto /r9k/ or do you just think that nobody will like you there? Also, good argument.

an open source product being less exploitable than a closed source product seems to be a fallacy, with shellshock and heartbleed being two good examples of amazingly devastating bugs that slipped everyone by (shellshock existed for 30 years, who knows who knew about the bugs beforehand and didnt disclose them), along with other less famous security vulnerabilities in the linux kernal, so linux isnt exactally this ultra secure haven

windows probably isnt good at security either, but from personal experience ive been pretty good at avoiding viruses and attacks over the past 5 years ive owned my machine. i didnt research the frequency of exploits found in the windows OS and the software on it like i sort of did with linux though so i dont know which OS has more exploits

when your os is so stuffty you need a third party program to run things any other os can

i've playing bl on a mac before and it was fine

this is as petty as mac vs pc. both cater to different kinds of artists/designers, just like mac vs pc (vs linux) caters to different kinds of users
b-but mom, he started it

this is as petty as mac vs pc. both cater to different kinds of artists/designers, just like mac vs pc (vs linux) caters to different kinds of users
they're both being used for the same purpose in this case tho
you could go on a case by case basis for things like "what's mac better at than windows?" etc etc and it'd be the same as this. they both have their strengths but which is better suited in this particular situation?

i see linux as a tool, as well as windows. windows isn't great at everything, with linux being better at being lightweight and being a more friendly programming environment. from experience, building stuff on windows is always a massive pain in my richard because all the tutorials are written for linux and sometimes those tutorials aren't enough for windows. linux is good for servers, because of it being lightweight and having that good support for programmers, along with good native support with stuff like apache/nginx. however, linux is stuff at driver support, with graphic drivers being slower than windows/mac ones and sound drivers being a disaster sometimes. this is why you wouldn't get linux to play games on it, you would use something like windows which will always have good driver support so you can play newer games at a better performance. linux also fails with the non-programming work environment, because you would have to run stuff like adobe premiere/photoshop/etc through wine which doesn't always have great support (x.org isn't multithreaded, so when something like photoshop hangs up everything else hangs with it)

For a moment I thought I was browsing /g/

itt: linux > windows fite me irl