Is there anyway to force a player to turnleft();/turnright();?

Author Topic: Is there anyway to force a player to turnleft();/turnright();?  (Read 2666 times)

Yeah. Anything that manipulates the player's Move packets can force a client to look up, down, left, right, move left, etc, etc. If you sit between the server and the client, you can do anything, really... Just make sure that you clamp between 0 and 2PI (basically, keep it as radians) for modifying their look stuff, and you'll be all set.

That'll look like complete stuff on the client side as the prediction will be wrong.

Use the return output to set the movement

So are you saying I'm supposed to be returning the 7 field move string in the onPlayerProcessTick function? That's what I figured but it doesn't seem to work, it does work for the AI function though (on bots)

EDIT: I've been told that it flat out doesn't work for players lol, guess I'll just stick to horizontal recoil
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:23:56 PM by Rally »

That'll look like complete stuff on the client side as the prediction will be wrong.
Well, yeah, but, if you’re trying to force a player to turn left and right, then you have to make some sacrifices

So are you saying I'm supposed to be returning the 7 field move string in the onPlayerProcessTick function? That's what I figured but it doesn't seem to work, it does work for the AI function though (on bots)

EDIT: I've been told that it flat out doesn't work for players lol, guess I'll just stick to horizontal recoil
Let me make a edited version here in a bit, it’s definitely possible..