Author Topic: Connection Spam from BL_ID 224069, Probably Automated, random ASCII name.  (Read 1456 times)

So, I have been hosting a freeplay server lately and this odd account joined, spammed a string of text, and disconnected, before repeating those three steps over and over. It was a right pain in the ass to permaban them, as you'd expect from someone (Something, likely) connecting and disconnecting faster than once every second. Here's a screenshot of the incident.

Has anyone else run into this BL_ID or any bots like this before?

This happened on Alxetora's Snowblight Early this around 12 CST, Alxe did permaban them from the Clear Bricks Menu, which keeps a log of the connected players.

This happened on Alxetora's Snowblight Early this around 12 CST, Alxe did permaban them from the Clear Bricks Menu, which keeps a log of the connected players.

Odd. This happened around 1 AM CST. That's an hour difference, and if we assume the bot was doing this to multiple servers within this time period I'd expect multiple people to be talking about it.

Odd. This happened around 1 AM CST. That's an hour difference, and if we assume the bot was doing this to multiple servers within this time period I'd expect multiple people to be talking about it.
Now a days, this is more common then you would expect. Everyone can get their hands on spam bots such as Ikea Man and Betelgeuse, just to name a few. I'll black list the spammer from my server just in case.

The same person did this to Crown's CityRPG. They were also banned from the server, but I don't remember what time it was when they were banned.