favorite video games of all time

Author Topic: favorite video games of all time  (Read 6672 times)

Kirby Super Star. It was the first game i ever played. I still have the cartridge and the SNES.

Star Control 2. I pretty much had to have my family make me go to rehab because of how much i played this game. Honestly, i warn agaisnt playing it because it is so good.

Master of Orion 2. Probably the best 4X i have ever played.

Half-Life 2. I was really happy when i got this game. I played Half-Life 1 beforehand and could not wait for when i got my hands on the sequel. It was everything i hoped for. It refined many core mechanics of the first game and introduced the gravity gun which probably can get the award for the most fun gimmick award.

Need for Speed Underground 2 (The best NFS I will argue with whoever refuses)
Everything UG2 did, MW2005 did better, all for the cost of removing some unnecessary customisation features. Better car handling, greater activity variety, better city design and refined multiplayer.

Dishonored definitely.

Advance Wars (bring back pls nintondo): One of the games i spend the most time on my DS (i only owned dual strike and days of ruin so yeh)

Blockland: this one's obvious

Terraria: fun stuffs

Garry's Mod: 2 much fun screwing around with stuff

Call of Duty: Black Ops 1 & 2: spent a whole lot of time on that until i broke my ps3

might edit to add more soon i guess

Dishonored definitely.
Just outta curiosity, would you say Kirby is more of that kind of thing that you have a soft spot for but it isn't quite your favorite or somethin'? Cause I like almost every Kirby game I've played but I'd never consider any of them my favorites either.

Fallout NV, DUST, and FROST (mods)
blockland
TF2
Portal 2
LoL
Overwatch
Blacklight: Retribution
Skyrim

Burnout 3: Takedown
F-Zero GX
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2005
Psychonauts
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Sky Odyssey
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Super Mario Bros. 3
The Sims 2

Just outta curiosity, would you say Kirby is more of that kind of thing that you have a soft spot for but it isn't quite your favorite or somethin'? Cause I like almost every Kirby game I've played but I'd never consider any of them my favorites either.

Kirby Super Star is a favorite for sure.
It's still fun and I play it every now and again today.

hl2, fnv, csgo, blockland, battlefield 3, tf2, portal 2, super mario bros wii

I never saw anything wrong with Little Big Planet 3 honestly.
The story was incredibly short, and posed almost no difficulty. I managed to collect everything faster than it took me to even beat the second game. That's also including the fact that one of the side levels completely broke for me. And because it was using that persistence stuff, and you can't reset that for story levels, it was permanently broken. It was one of those ones where you build something and then race it or something like that. The old things I built weren't despawning and were blocking the way. I had to keep joining other people till I got all the items.
That and it seemed prone to many other bugs.

Many of the bugs were because the developers were forced to include support for levels from previous games, while expected to pack in a bunch of new stuff.
The new stuff is really nice. I want to love all the things they did. But unfortunately, some of it was either disappointing, or too difficult to get working the way you want it. There was a lot of logic that you couldn't do zero latency for. The sackboy rotated by it's head so making topdown levels with it was like 100x the work it needed to be, because the body would sink into the 'floor'.

They also didn't include any story unlocked versus levels. This pretty much killed the community levels in a sense. Only levels that were already popular, or are a clone of, were played. In LBP2, there was a thing where you'd join someone in a story versus level (usually basketball). And then they'd proceed to show you all the stuff they made afterwards. I've done the same and that's the only way my levels got any attention. I had worried that maybe they were boring, but people would want to keep replaying them. This never happened in LBP3 because there was no place to go for a quick meetup.

I'm very disappointed because it's the only reason I helped my brother buy a PS4. I paid half expecting LBP3 to be really good. And they tried. But I think it would've been best if they just left compatibility for LBP1/2 levels out.

These aren't in any particular order.

Earthbound
My favorite game of all time. It's the only RPG where grinding is actually fun, at least to me. That's because of the gameplay, it's just really fun. The story, however, can be crap at times. For example, after you get out of the spooky neon place, the story halts and you need to go in a monkey cave. The characters are memorable, but they're pretty bland. I'm assuming it's to reflect your own personalities on them but I have no idea.
I hate monkeys and this game loves monkeys agh
Mother 3
A lot better in Earthbound in many aspects (but I still like Earthbound more), for example, the story isn't crap. There's character development, instead of just "oh this guy's Jeff he's smart he fixes stuff ok." Same gameplay as Earthbound with minor tweaks, but grinding sucks in this one. Also note that the reason I didn't just say Mother/Earthbound Series is because I think Earthbound Beginnings is boring, with all of it's grind just to not get assaulted right outside your house.

Yume Nikki
This game gives me feels. You explore this girl's dreams, and collect thingies and then you kill yourself. Happy. The music is really short and looping, yet it fits so well. Exploring and finding new stuff is always cool, however since I love this game so much, I know every nook and cranny, so everytime I play, which is once in a while, I basically just look at everything again.

LSD Dream Emulator
This game is a lot like Yume Nikki, where you explore dreams, but it's 3D and very Japanese. Very Japanese. This game's music is pretty sweet too, however, each area of the game has over an hour of different music tracks it can play. I uploaded all of them on my channel, and that took forever. Unlike Yume Nikki, you don't collect stuff, you just look at stuff. However, that stuff is random and more crazier per dream, since there are 356 days that you can play. The variables in this game are insane, I swear.

Half-Life Series
Perhaps the only FPS games I like (I should probably expand my horizons but nah). Every time I play one of the games, it feels like I'm playing it from the first time again. Not many games really give me that vibe. I am also one to take my time, I look at posters and stuff, admire the scenery after I've murdered lots of people, and I don't mind the cut scene heavy chapters. Also epistle 3 made me sad. Very sad.

Black Mesa
Although I said the Half-Life series was the only FPS games I liked, this is still Half-Life 1, just in prettier paint. That's basically it, other than the fact it's in Source. They improved a lot of things that bugged me about the maps in the original, for example, there aren't random blank corners, thy have purpose now. Very enjoyable, and I can't wait for Xen. It's release date in when Half-Life 3 actually comes out not in epistle form.

Garry's Mod
I have spent over 500 hours that I won't ever get back into this one game. It's really fun just to screw around, especially when I play with my sister. Not much to say really, other than the fact it's a pain to animate with. I also have a ton of workshops items that I (admittedly) don't use very often. I'l have to clean it out at some point but I'm basically a add-on hoarder.

Blockland
I've probably spent more hours in this game than any other on this list I can't tell though because Steam only records since I actually added it to my Steam. This game has inspired me to build and create so things, and it's been inspiring me for 6 years now. Whether I'm playing the normal version or v20, this game is just so enjoyable. I'm also a add-on hoarder here too...

Universe Sandbox²
Another game I've wasted a lot of time on. It's just a simulator that simulates gravity, but once I start, I almost cannot stop. Smashing Earth into Jupiter or creating my own Solar Systems never gets old, especially with frequent patches. Downloading and viewing other people's Solar Systems is awesome too.

Jazzpunk: Director's Cut
This is a weird one (well not really if you compare it to almost everything else on this list), but it is really good.
The comedy is great (in my opinion) and the areas you visit are each memorable and a blast to explore. There are a whole bunch of, side quests I guess? You can interact with almost everything in a map and something weird will happen. For example, you can steal money from a guy playing a saxophone, and then you can put it right back in, and he'll thank you. I have no idea why I find that so funny.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:09:06 PM by Menderman »

blockland

rayman games (excluding rabbids)

metal gear rising: revengance

beyond good and evil

BUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna go with GTA SA just because of how many years of entertainment it gave me as a kid.

blockland because obvious and because its hard and BOY do i loving love hard

actually that doesnt sound right