(Updated 1/18) I am planning to release most of my mods soon

Author Topic: (Updated 1/18) I am planning to release most of my mods soon  (Read 4848 times)

It has been a few years since my last add-on dump (an actual one), and it is hard to decide whether I want to keep developing mods on Blockland or not; I still have a few projects left but after that, not sure what I really want to do. My life choices have been escalating exponentially and some choices are very critical.

I have tons of mods to release, especially essentials. Here are the major mods that I plan to release (or important):

GameMode Maker v2
    You may remember this maker, but it is riddled with problems, and needs to expand. My plan is to have the ability to use Slayer, or use the default minigame system with more options, set the colorset, have the possibility to edit the server script in the gamemode (using scratch or use your favorite editing software for scripts), better environment options, and more. At this rate you mind as well just ask a robot to do it for you.

Essentials
    You heard me. All the way from 2013. This modpack will have a whole bunch of features included to satisfy the server:
        - Change connection messages and how they are seen (example: "The owner is here!" "The owner left!" | "Blockhead(333) joined." | "Blockhead(333) left.")
        - Block connection spam (this doesn't prevent DDoS attacks though) with unblock commands
        - Custom roles with tons of features (custom sounds for leave and join (don't abuse it pls), name color, custom icon from BLG if user has it installed)
        - AntiTroll system: Carpet commands are not tolerated (spammed commands in a very short time) will be automatically banned, and if you enable IP detection, they will be banned based on their IP, unless they are 'smart' enough to get around it.
        - Role cloud: If you do not feel like having to store your information on the server for your roles (admins, superadmins, owners, etc), you can set up a cloud server and allow it to sync with the cloud, your old admin prefs will be backed up before syncing happens of course.
        - Premade VIP system: If you want people to have VIP (sorry no auto, that requires an API *shrug*), you can add money onto a player's account, then package the commands for your other mods. Neat!
        - BLHack freeze detection: Although this is not super accurate and have kinks, it's off by default, but great to find out anyone who potentially may be using it.
        - "Timed out" connection messages: The freeze detection also can tell if someone is actually lagging and will flag them as lagging or 'lagging'
        - An admin level (1, 2 or 3) or above can see connection information: Players that connect are logged with their IP, name history, and BL_ID on that IP. This is how you can tell if you see a problem user avoiding bans, if possible.
        - Probably more features I cannot recall

uEssentials (used to be known as "VisoStuff")
    If you remember this mod, it has way more stuff than you can imagine, especially if you ever got the "leaked" version of it. It is full of potentially abusive fun stuff, but every mod out there is pretty much abusive, this just has fun stuff. This mod has been a thing since I first started coding (2011/2012), every few years I restructure the code, then add onto it.
        - The original spinme: The best part, is when you feel down and spin yourself insane in the air with endless tumble, but using your camera, good times.
        - Able to turn people into ticking timebombs using the bomb wand or the command: Blowing up people also bypasses minigame damage, may wanna rethink your decision..
        - Able to grant minigame damage bypass: Whether or not if you are in a minigame, you can destroy nearly any player and bot, and they may not be able to defend themselves | There is also a reverse option where anyone can damage you. Funny punishment.
        - Set people on fire if they aren't in the shade. Using math detection from the sun, if you aren't in the shade, you will be on fire. Enjoy.
        - Shields: You have 3 different types of shields, projectile shield, all-around shield which protects you from most attacks, and a velocity shield, where projectiles bounce back in a direction.
        - Able to revive corpses: Even if they are "gone" you can still revive people and possible give them their life back! Even with the weapons they died with!
        - Grim reaping: If you hate someone (inspired by Pecon's grim reap mod), you can grim reap them, another way to forcekill someone, basically.
        - Sorry, no talking as others :D
        - More features I cannot remember

Painting/building restrictions
    You can have either a whitelist or a blacklist, admins and above are automatically bypassed and can build either way. There are events, but they are admin only too. Using the 'client command hack' will not work, and making custom minigames will not work either.

Fixed version of onChatInput
    As you remember, this event used to search every nearby brick in the area instead of just using a few options that the game already has. This version should not lag at all.

Boss Battles
    I may or may not make this server, but either way I am tired of keeping this in the dust. Inspired by the original boss battles, you are able to customize your health boss scale, custom classes using a script, and even use the original boss battles client.

Fortwars
    The original fortwars hosted years ago. This puts almost every problem into the ground that normal fortwars have, but you can't make it 100% automated.
        - You can create range limits for building, such as maximum distance from the spawn, and maximum height for dumbells who decide to dup spam or something.
        - Custom team system for clans.
        - Antibuilder system: You have 2 modes, combat or building. Switching from builder to attacker clears your item and your datablock to prevent instant attacks on other bases. You cannot switch to builder near an enemy base, and there is a timeout to switch, especially if you attack people and then try to switch to prevent the problem you caused. There are consequences when attacking a builder, such as damage to self.
        - More special features that are small

Tower defense
    I am sure you remember this. Think of it as Bloons Tower Defense, but with bots instead, and you can also.. control the towers for a temporary time! Bots can fight your towers, but you can summon healers and even heal the towers yourself. Towers automatically heal each round. You can even play with difficulties, bots are introduced differently each difficulty, and even exclusive bot types for some difficulties! This is great for cooperative players, not for multiplayer.

Rainbow grenade
    This is an edit of an empty shape with spiced up rainbow emitters, this was my first ever weapon, not even sure why this was never released.

Randomizer
    The newer version of randomizer, no Slayer, and has more features than ever. Come join it and see for yourself!

Thread Loops
    A mod that basically messes with player threads, spinning heads and bodies. If a playertype has special animations, makes it much more fun.

Medic voice
    Press E if you cannot paint, and you yell "medic!" using random TF2 sounds. Even a silly emitter to show you need help!

Minime
    A dystopia where you somehow have a smaller version of you, controlled by something else. This bot follows you around, looks exactly like you, smaller than you, protects you if they know where the person is, and sometimes follow your every action.

Player collision dizziness
    Fast enough speed at someone, you will confuse them and they will be unable to move!

Clear projectiles
    A basic script to clear active projectiles running around.

Minigame listening
    Don't want to play but want to be like the NSA? Be out of the minigame and listen to teamchats and minigame messages that you normally cannot see outside of the minigame.

Another mute mod
    A mute mod that goes by minutes, also accepted decimals (converted), and sadly permamute that is temporary until the server restarts.

Speed run
    Used in Akio's challenge and Kong's Rocket Jumping server, the original speed run mod, but tweaked.

Toggle trust
    Though this is a bad idea, you can have temporary trust with any ID, useful if you are lazy to reload the bricks to your own or fix someone's events but don't have the trust. This is not my problem if the host is stupid enough to abuse it.

There are many tweaked mods I may also release, based on how I have used them, even with default add-ons or even just a few enabled add-ons, some of the mods I have used created tons of console spam. At least 30 add-ons have been tweaked, weapons, scripts, bricks, and models.

There is no known time when any of these will be released, but they are for sure going to be released sometime this year.
Feel free to send me an add-on to fix, if it is not too large.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:08:37 AM by Kyuande »

I want uEssentials  so badly

Visolator is my new god 🤩
Please do it!!

does your current uEssentials have fixed direct impulse? the one you gave me a lot time ago would only throw players upward instead of opposite directions like it should. its the only thing that drove me away from enabling it on my server

pls do release, that essentials mod could have protected me from jerry seinfeld

What a time to be alive
Sincerely, thank you

Instead of using a variety TF2 voices for the medic call, you could use the one voice clip from Half Life Opposing Force

I could provide the audio clip if you don't have it

Instead of using a variety TF2 voices for the medic call, you could use the one voice clip from Half Life Opposing Force

I could provide the audio clip if you don't have it
TAKE COVER when