Paladins: Champions of the Realm (new: a red thing with magic lizards!)

Author Topic: Paladins: Champions of the Realm (new: a red thing with magic lizards!)  (Read 3241 times)

Paladins: Champions of the Realm is a free-to-play hero shooter video game developed and published by Hi-Rez Studios.

Champions

Latest News

New Champion: Moji and Friends

New Game Mode: Team Deathmatch

New Game Mode: Paladins Battlegrounds

NEW: Lore Cinematic - "A Realm Divided"

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:31:35 PM by paragon »

too many loving characters

tried to play this and it was boring af, especially after playing overwatch. and it’s ruined by the godawful free to play UI

this is actually a surprisingly good game, id definitely recommend it to anyone who is currently frustrated with blizzards handling of overwatch

I used to think it was pretty tight for a f2p option competing with Overwatch, but I fell out of it once the "pay me!" stuff got really obnoxious.

i think it does balancing better than overwatch, where fights are slower and where nearly every class has a movement ability so they can dodge or get out of situations quickly so if you take one step into the wrong area you aren't instakilled by 50 people on the enemy team at once. way easier to get into compared to overwatch even with the literally 30 different classes

and it has 120 fov

the new card system sucks my massive donkey richard though

also i was 3rd best in the world for kinessa at some point so fight me

also i'm that guy who says that paladins was way better a year ago than it is now

holy forget thank you paladins for adding a loving battle royale mode holy loving stuff i'm dying holy stuff the last game that needs a battle royale mode is paladins holy stuff this better be a loving satire of the state of the game industry right now holy stuff
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:21:06 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

holy forget thank you paladins for adding a loving battle royale mode holy loving stuff i'm dying holy stuff the last game that needs a battle royale mode is paladins holy stuff this better be a loving satire of the state of the game industry right now holy stuff

holy stuff counter: 4

tbh a battle royale sorta game with the whole hero shooter deal seems like it might be kinda fun
more fun than most battle royale games at least

this is actually a surprisingly good game, id definitely recommend it to anyone who is currently frustrated with blizzards handling of overwatch
TBH it seems more to be the opposite nowadays, w/ the cards unbound and battlegrounds updates

TBH it seems more to be the opposite nowadays, w/ the cards unbound and battlegrounds updates
cards unbound isnt even that bad, i dont see why everyone is pissed about it. battlegrounds looks pretty fun though.

cards unbound is an objectively worse system that the previous cards system. now you have to buy loot boxes to level up your cards and loot boxes dispense cards at random which is loving terrible. granted, there are character specific loot boxes, but i'm not sure how frequently you're awarded those and the cards you get from it are still random, so you might not even get the cards you want. you should just be able to buy cards like you were able to before. this is an obvious ploy to try to get people to buy huge bundle packs of loot boxes once they run out of gold since there's no mechanical reason for this stuff to exist.

battlegrounds hasn't even come out yet but it looks interesting. a fast-paced (hopefully) class-based battle royale with a half-decent combat system hasn't been tried before and it might end up being good. if they go down the route of you having to loving do a scavenger hunt for your weapons and bullets though battlegrounds can forget right off.

i used to play paladins a lot but the whole seris and strix updates disillusioned me since they both entirely replaced other characters, showing that the paladins dev team truly doesn't know what they're doing in terms of balancing
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:41:45 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »