the homebrew thread - jailbreaking your consoles to freedom

Author Topic: the homebrew thread - jailbreaking your consoles to freedom  (Read 8958 times)

do emulated games run really slow on o3ds
asking for my cousins uncle

on some, yea, but others don't

look around on GBATemp and do some googlefu and you'll eventually find what works

Emulation opens a backdoor that isn't moderated.

By telling people how to open that backdoor you are also indirectly risking piracy.

It's better to keep the door closed.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:20:59 PM by The Murderous Cop »

hi, megabump/necro with lots of news since like 8 months ago

team xecuter and fail0verflow have upcoming exploits for switch, with xecuter's in spring 2018 and fail0verflow's at an unknown date
ps3xploit, an exploit for almost all PS3 models (excluding superslim and some slim models) is now available on 4.82, the latest firmware
it's now possible to softmod a 3ds using only a compatible flashcart, no matter what the firmware you're on
xbox softmodding tool has completely destroyed older softmodding tools, making it the recommended tool for original xbox softmods
xtremeeliteboot+, a ready to use, all-in-one, noobproof alternative to freemcboot for PS2, should be hitting the scene this or next month

feel free to continue discussion about softmods or hardmodding here! happy to help/assist with any problems y'all have
and once again, no piracy discussion. backups are fine if you want to preserve disc copies of games, but absolutely no piracy.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:34:31 PM by The Murderous Cop »

going to be softmodding my og xbox on wednesday thursday (gj amazon), this will be fun
edit: got the flash drive and adapter, softmod files are now on hard drive. waiting for splinter cell to arrive. i've also went ahead and removed the clock capacitor on the xbox, which i happened to do just in time - there was a tiny bit of brown-ish corrosion underneath the capacitor, which i cleaned off with some isopropyl alcohol.
edit 2: softmod is done
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:51:58 PM by Mr Queeba »