post good music here

Author Topic: post good music here  (Read 32449 times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtBdISleqiY

Been pretty much listening to this album on repeat for a week

you guys got any summertime favorites? post em (hard mode: no sunshine pop)

for me the ones that immediately come to mind are
Paul McCartney - McCartney II, very laid back album, you got the sentimental Paul songs which make me feel like I'm lying in the sunlight, and the zany new wave/instrumental stuff which sounds really positive, almost playful.
King Crimson - Discipline, the polyrhythms and drumming style bring out a tropical/African sound which goes well with summertime. wish I could link this but loving fripp...
Fela Kuti - Afrodisiac my loving jam for mowing the lawn in really hot weather. the keyboard playing on this sounds aggressive and pissed off at some points which is really cool.

i hate how king crimson is on virtually zero streaming platforms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtBdISleqiY

Been pretty much listening to this album on repeat for a week
AYYYY theres other pop punk trash on this forum
do you listen to the front bottoms & mccafferty??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjxNBsaSCJo   < a must listen if u like dance/electronic music

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 06:31:13 PM by Snaffle J. Bean »

you guys got any summertime favorites? post em (hard mode: no sunshine pop)

for me the ones that immediately come to mind are
Paul McCartney - McCartney II, very laid back album, you got the sentimental Paul songs which make me feel like I'm lying in the sunlight, and the zany new wave/instrumental stuff which sounds really positive, almost playful.
King Crimson - Discipline, the polyrhythms and drumming style bring out a tropical/African sound which goes well with summertime. wish I could link this but loving fripp...
Fela Kuti - Afrodisiac my loving jam for mowing the lawn in really hot weather. the keyboard playing on this sounds aggressive and pissed off at some points which is really cool.
no sunshine pop?!? can i at least do sunshine pop derivatives??

Village Green Preservation Society by The Kinks: as far as i'm concerned this is the sunny day album. so bright and vivid. The themes of quaintness and nostalgia throughout the album make this, to me, the album of my childhood summers.

Wifldflower by The Avalanches: this one landed in july of 2016 so i think that cemented it in my mind as a perfect summertime album. This was my fav album of 2016 next to Atrocity Exhibition as well, so i wore this thing OUT during vacation, but aside from personal connections the album is so happy and bubbly and dreamlike that it's perfect for a summer roadtrip or getaway

Pacific by Haruomi Hosono, Shigeru Suzuki and Tatsuro Yamastuffa: this one might be cheating. But forget it, great summer album, and since i only went to hawaii once as a small child, this is how i take a vacation to the sun-bleached sands of the pacific.

Simple Things by Zero 7: I don't think most people would consider this a summer album but it's just so relaxing and tropical. great for chillin next to the pool

no sunshine pop?!? can i at least do sunshine pop derivatives??

Village Green Preservation Society by The Kinks: as far as i'm concerned this is the sunny day album. so bright and vivid. The themes of quaintness and nostalgia throughout the album make this, to me, the album of my childhood summers.

Wifldflower by The Avalanches: this one landed in july of 2016 so i think that cemented it in my mind as a perfect summertime album. This was my fav album of 2016 next to Atrocity Exhibition as well, so i wore this thing OUT during vacation, but aside from personal connections the album is so happy and bubbly and dreamlike that it's perfect for a summer roadtrip or getaway

Pacific by Haruomi Hosono, Shigeru Suzuki and Tatsuro Yamastuffa: this one might be cheating. But forget it, great summer album, and since i only went to hawaii once as a small child, this is how i take a vacation to the sun-bleached sands of the pacific.

Simple Things by Zero 7: I don't think most people would consider this a summer album but it's just so relaxing and tropical. great for chillin next to the pool
bro Village Green Preservation Society is one of my favorites. I've always wanted to do a cover of Big Sky, that song is uplifting as fck. also Pacific is a great album, I have been getting into YMO and all their side projects, I'm loving it all.

bro Village Green Preservation Society is one of my favorites. I've always wanted to do a cover of Big Sky, that song is uplifting as fck. also Pacific is a great album, I have been getting into YMO and all their side projects, I'm loving it all.
Do You Remember Walter always makes me melancholy for the friends i've not seen since they all went away to college, that might be my fav on the album i dunno tho. And yeah YMO is awesome, Rydeen and Yellow Magic was on loop a lot this past month

ive started listening to old fall out boy again 0:

would anyone be interested in an electronic/edm thread

AYYYY theres other pop punk trash on this forum
do you listen to the front bottoms & mccafferty??

The Front Bottoms end up in my playlists pretty often but I hadn't heard of McCafferty until now so thanks lmfao