randomizer sucks

Author Topic: randomizer sucks  (Read 3320 times)

why not have a balloon battle esque system where you start with 1-3 lives and you steal them from other people when you frag them

lol this thread is so stupid. if you dont like that you might have a chance of dieing early then dont play the server. its part of how the gamemode works. ya'll are literally just nitpicking so you have something to complain about.

Why did you do a 1-5 poll lol? This basically just tells me that 8 people want 1-life and 7 people kinda don't. Who did you poll and when did you poll them anyway? Everybody I've ever asked with the exception of your admins agree that 1-life is inferior to multi-life.

It's not like it's a mystery why either. The majority of people don't want to wait around for 5 minutes doing nothing while other people play the game for them. Is there any justification as to why that's preferable game design other than a poll?

i don't understand how people find this fun and i would like to see a response from someone who finds it fun and is willing to psychobrown townyze themselves to create an explanation about why they enjoy the game. knowing the reasons behind why people like the things they do is insightful and instructive for others designing their own games

Everybody I've ever asked with the exception of your admins agree that 1-life is inferior to multi-life.
when i was in the server a month or 2 ago i actually got viso to do a infinite lives test because my autism attack on 1 life gamemodes is unending. he held a yes/no vote and the majority of people voted for the 1 life game. as far as i can tell these people aren't as vocal and haven't posted any breakdown on why they like the 1 life system. at this point i'm just curious to see what they think because to me having infinite lives as opposed to 1 life is the most obvious choice in the world but for them its not the same
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:19:33 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

The poll having 5 options was a mistake, should of been just only 2 options "Agree" "Disagree" instead of it acting like a job application.

Everybody I've ever asked with the exception of your admins agree that 1-life is inferior to multi-life.
Can you also prove this? The poll is a link from the Discord so it could be anyone. I have checked and only like 2 admins went on the poll, the rest were people playing the gamemode.

It's not like it's a mystery why either. The majority of people don't want to wait around for 5 minutes doing nothing while other people play the game for them. Is there any justification as to why that's preferable game design other than a poll?
Only a few people out of the whole server say infinite lives is good. I barely see anyone complain about the 1 life problem. The problem here is how close the spawns are, which is why the spawnkills happen so much, I have been requesting maps but people seem to complain more than trying to help me find a solution. You guys keep complaining about this entire lives spew but don't have a better solution for it. I can't help the server out if you can't suggest. I even did a mix of both lives and no lives, that only made things way worse. I cannot oppose to both sides so that is why I made a poll to make 1 decision.

The point of 1 life is to make it so you only have 1 life to make a proper decision with your weapons, good or bad. The problem of making infinite lives is the person could get themselves killed JUST to respawn with better weapons, while the other guy still has the same weapons; though this could be fixed by having the same weapons if you Self Delete, they could still purposely not do anything just to get another life. Annd also the people that spawn are unghosted to everyone around them, meaning these people could simply walk up to the other guy unnoticable and get the other guy killed. If this was undone, the guy who can shoot is already prepared to kill that same guy. There's a lot of chaos involved right there.

There's a lot of problems I am aware of but half of the time people complain about the problems but don't give me a solution (or the solution is already attempted and it failed). As said before we tried both solutions and I got more complaints about there being infinite lives rather than 1 life. I don't care if you criticize me it's the way you send the message to everyone else.

I'm neutral for having 1 life or infinite lives, I can't really give a good opinion on why 1 life is good and I cannot give a good opinion on why infinite lives is also great. More people voted for 1 life and that is how it went, maybe someone else can give you a better reason why 1 life is better, but I certainly cannot.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:32:49 PM by Kyuande »