writing a childrens book about families, wondering if i should add adoption

Author Topic: writing a childrens book about families, wondering if i should add adoption  (Read 852 times)

quick question

as the title says, im writing a childrens book (about 1-4 age demographic), its about the shapes and forms families come in.
one of those is adoption parents, but i dont know if i should add this, as it could lead to kids asking questions the parents might not want them to ask, or other complications like a kid not being able to grasp the concept of adoption

thoughts?

include it but put it in a way that makes it not sound strange to a 1-4 year old kid

if you add adoption, you might want to add foster families too

it's a very sensitive topic to be honest, have you added homoloveual families?

it's a very sensitive topic to be honest, have you added homoloveual families?
yep
if you add adoption, you might want to add foster families too
could you explain the difference? i always thought they were the same, basically
google'd it, its what i thought it was, thanks CN
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:26:46 AM by hootaloo »

include it but put it in a way that makes it not sound strange to a 1-4 year old kid
please this, and try not to overly focus on loveuality and such, it gets creepy

please this, and try not to overly focus on loveuality and such, it gets creepy
yall know 1-4 age demographic books have like maybe one line of text per page right
theres no way i could even do this without it turning into a book for 6-10 x)

i too am writing children's books. ive made it a point to contextualize all my stories around the idea that children aren't unaware when it comes to adult subjects

if youre writing about all types of families, id certainly include adoption. itd be weird not to, and in this day and age i bet someone would call offense to it if you didnt lol

seriously, probably not. but I'd include it. it can be more than one line if it has to

someone will call offense for you not including families made entirely of furries so honestly do whatever you want as long as it's good

add a chapter on cuckoldry

add a chapter on cuckoldry

“Daddy brought over a friend one day. Everyone was making funny sounds in Mom and Dad’s room.”

Add gift giving and POZing between the homoloveual parents.

yes include it. representation is good

I know enough, thanks guys!