Slopes CTF suggestions

Author Topic: Slopes CTF suggestions  (Read 3613 times)

suggestion: unban me
i think the ban list was cleared because spartan 101 joined today and he was blacklisted before

remove the goddamn grenade launcher

for the love of god no. Gravity Cat's weapons and vehicles for the most part are simply not good.

if you really want to improve it you should:
make ground vehicles actually viable
Remove the RANGE RESTRICTION on artillery
Redo the bases to make them larger and to have multiple spread out spawn rooms. The current 1 spawn room is a clusterforget.
Remove syringes entirely.
R-E-M-O-V-E the TT Rocket and Grenade launchers entirely.
change to a control points map, with progression, similar to TF2. Literally, the gameplay is people sitting at their bases with a few people abusing the stunt plane's landing and explosives, with a snowspeeder running interference.
The military base where the fighter Jet used to spawn is a good example

Additional add-on's
Rally's explosives(satchel charge, trip mine). These are balanced explosives.
Stratofortresse's MRLS
Either the Technical jeep or the Puma(NON AA) version. Far better add ons than the BTR
A modified version of Bushido's combat bomber and biplane. Better more balanced air combat, they just need work on the handling characteristics, and the bomber needs a redo on it's bomb projectile.
Potentially Strato's Abrams. If you're going to use a spread out map, the high quality 1 person tank that this is works great.
Army's SEARAM turret. Think a turret that shoots Javilins, but have it hidden to where it can't shread ground targets from range, only air

this

the f-18s aren't very fun to play as or play against. all there is to dogfighting in an f-18 is binding the "Look Up" key to something easy to reach and when you are encountered by an enemy f-18 you hold that key down like a motherforgeter and if you are feeling spicy roll to the left or right occasionally and you will never die. this is the most boring way to avoid confrontation possible but also the most effective. pulling up allows you to avoid any bullet the enemy f-18 may shoot at you and also avoid the enemy f-18's missile targeting. it's boring because all you have to do to survive is hold one key and wait for your enemy to forget up or get bored and pull away (the latter being way more likely from experience). if you do not use the pull up method you will get immediately killed by an enemy f-18 pilot. couple this with the 50 million hp f-18s have and f-18s are entirely unstoppable if piloted by someone who knows how to bind their look up key. people on the ground can't do jack stuff about a f-18, even with the ground-to-air missile items they can use. all a f-18 pilot has to do to dodge the ground-to-air missiles is activate their flares. f-18s also have bombs, which are somewhat difficult to use but very effective against ground enemies. f-18 players will rampage the server and rack up massive killstreaks, which is frustrating as stuff for the ground players who just want to play the game normally instead of joining the boring f-18 dogfights.

a-10's are even worse than f-18s. if the f-18 has 50 million hp, the a-10 has 50 billion. i had the best f-18 pilot in the server trying to shoot me down while i was in an a-10 and it took him like 3 minutes of constant barrage to get me down to 20% hp. a-10s have the hellfire missiles, which are able to instakill anyone on the ground due to their massive damage and decently large explosion radius. the hellfire missiles are way better than the f-18 bombs, because an a-10 pilot can remotely pilot them. once the hellfire missile hits its target, the a-10 pilot can instantly launch another one because they have no cooldown. for the players on the ground, this is super bullstuff because even a stupid a-10 pilot can endlessly spawnkill the enemy, or airstrike any enemy on the map, like flag carriers who just went through hell to get the flag just to be cheaped the forget out by the a-10.

the grenade launcher and RPG (from past experience, i didn't use them during my hour playing today) are also pretty bad. they instakill, which players, as a general rule, hate, as evidenced by the number of posts stuffting on both weapons in this thread. the amount of ammo that the grenade launcher has, while low, is still plenty as people are able to exploit the numerous amounts of ammo spawns in enemy bases so grenade launcher players are able to forever inflict pain upon their enemies.

the sniper rifle is similar to the grenade launcher and rpg, because it also instakills. the sniper rifle has a long range so players without a sniper rifle will have a hard time countering it. but, anyone can perch themselves on a mountain and fire down on the enemy base, and all they have to do to dodge any enemy sniper rifle user is to move away from the mountain's edge. this means trying to counter a sniper rifle user by picking a sniper rifle yourself might not always work. so forget the sniper rifle too.

my suggestion is to remove both the f-18 and a-10. the f-18 dogfights are boring and the a-10 is the most bullstuff plane ever to be released for blockland. also remove the grenade launcher, rpg, and sniper rifle because they are pretty bullstuff to fight against.

helicopter gunship is capable of mass spawnkill

post "a-10s are autistic" if you enjoyed me spawnkilling the stuff out of you a few minutes ago with the a-10