Wanted to host a tournament, not sure what to host.

Poll

So what is it?

Medieval
11 (50%)
Rising lava
4 (18.2%)
Both combined
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Wanted to host a tournament, not sure what to host.  (Read 3022 times)

did you ever consider that maybe people do like them and that's why they're popular
I don’t know if I can agree on that. They’re popular because of the hosts, most servers use different weaponry but I hardly ever see a long lasting and/or player filled server with Quake-style weapons. Perhaps yes, I am wrong about classes but classes personally feel like no place for competitive servers on Blockland. Gunplay is weird in Blockland and in general even the simplest of elements in shooters are nonexistent in Blockland. The combination of these stuffty unbalanced weapons combined with classes provides unsatisfying gameplay.

I don’t know if I am being nostalgic but gunplay used to be much different many years ago. The new change of direction of gunplay just sucks. I don’t know if it the community weakening or the popular add-on creators putting new things out but something just sucks about deathmatches or competitive gameplay. Things aren’t as simple, comfortably responsive, or in high quality.

People used to build team deathmatches in a couple days then host them for a week. Now everything needs a thread, add-ons are unoriginal or poor quality — and even getting off topic but the community is full of even more stupid people then I have realized! When many big active and/or contributing players left the community or forums, it just got worse. Like what is this garbage in the previous two replies? General discussion used to have some great discussions and projects.

Neckbeards like the above contribute nothing, create problems, and stick their greasy loving hands in anything they can get a cackle or e-peen boner from. And therefore, leaving their Dorito encrusted fingerprints to stuff and piss in this, what could be, wonderful game.

Excuse my derailment but it has come to my attention how annoying this community has become with the influx of idiots.

My final statement is just make and host anything, just make it fun and welcoming. But hard to master of course.

I don’t know if I can agree on that. They’re popular because of the hosts, most servers use different weaponry but I hardly ever see a long lasting and/or player filled server with Quake-style weapons. Perhaps yes, I am wrong about classes but classes personally feel like no place for competitive servers on Blockland. Gunplay is weird in Blockland and in general even the simplest of elements in shooters are nonexistent in Blockland. The combination of these stuffty unbalanced weapons combined with classes provides unsatisfying gameplay.

gytyyhgfffff's tournaments is a prime example of bushi's quake weapon tournaments that have arguably lasted quite long, basically what you mentioned in your second sentence, and for unique reasoning too

but not many people go to gyt's because he's the person hosting, some people give good reason to joining his servers especially tournaments, like the fact that he tries his best effort to balance (nerf/buff) the many quake weapons and especially make his own, and OP can probably take note to that, but of course he shouldn't strain himself on that much work if he isn't capable of the knowledge. some sensible people see over just his name and look at the constant updates and edits he's done in his tournaments

there are plenty of more dynamic weapons to choose from that can be customized in script and have a fair balance of doing impacting damage and being more easy and accessible to use. that's mainly why quake weps are pretty likeable. i can understand the nostalgia, the classic weapons are good in a sense that they are basic and you can do neat tricks with them. but we would appreciate more basic weapons that are dynamic in them and basically just look cooler in all ways.

Neckbeards like the above contribute nothing, create problems, and stick their greasy loving hands in anything they can get a cackle or e-peen boner from. And therefore, leaving their Dorito encrusted fingerprints to stuff and piss in this, what could be, wonderful game.

Excuse my derailment but it has come to my attention how annoying this community has become with the influx of idiots.

:/

ot: a medieval tournament would sound nice but for the love of god please no arena weapons...

ot: a medieval tournament would sound nice but for the love of god please no arena weapons...
Arena weapons? What do you mean by that?

oh yeah i forgot:

it's the gladiator arena weapon packs with the spear and swords and all. that's what it was called. i mean, if you're a professional like falco, go for it, but i personally hated those weapons because of the stuffty hitboxes i had to master through with them.

oh yeah i forgot:

it's the gladiator arena weapon packs with the spear and swords and all. that's what it was called. i mean, if you're a professional like falco, go for it, but i personally hated those weapons because of the stuffty hitboxes i had to master through with them.
I have to either use deadzone's or jack noir's with tracers n chivalry like style, idk whats better

this is what i currently have, bl_id 27035 gave me this