Author Topic: Brick Addon Checker?  (Read 1079 times)

So I realize I have a lot of brick addons, but I noticed that some have duplicate pieces, meaning they show up twice in the brick menu.
I could restart my game over and over again with different addons to see where the problem is, but I think that's way too time-consuming.
I'm looking for a plugin of sorts that would allow you to see all the bricks a brick addon contains before I start up my game.

Does anyone know if something like this exists?

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=315478.0

This only works when the game is already running, and when you currently have bricks on the server. I want something that can check bricks before the server is started.

This only works when the game is already running, and when you currently have bricks on the server. I want something that can check bricks before the server is started.
im fairly sure you can spare the time to boot up the server once with all your bricks enabled, then run the command to find out what to remove...

its far easier than writing code to generate a uiname table by going through every potential brick datablock that would be created in every one of your addons. in fact im even unsure if something that robust is possible with how torque works

so no, what you ask for does not exist as of now. it potentially will never exist given that some bricks are created by non-brick addons, for example slayer spawn points.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 07:33:51 PM by Conan »

potentially loop through all .cs files inside every folder/zip in addons
and hope that there aren't too many brick conflicts

... that sounds dreadful

I spent quite a few hoursminutes making this based on what phflack said and then realized you mentioned the bricks show up 2 times in the menu, which means there are no actual conflicts and you didn't actually need a uiName / database conflict checker. :cookieMonster:

It might still be doable though, but just to clarify before I do something else that's pointless, you are talking about just regular bricks, like prisms, plates and so on? Not special bricks, that is. In that case instead of checking .cs files you'd be checking each .blb file for the file to be a BRICK and then compare the sizes which would be even worse but still doable.

Done that as well anyway: Searches every single .blb to have the second line "BRICK", puts stuff in array and then compares for standard dimensions and flipped dimensions, since they'd still be identical.

I can't really test this too much as I don't use BRICK Add-Ons but I made some test cases and it worked fine.

I'm including both in the .zip because why not.
You need to have Python installed (they are .py scripts), place & run them in your Add-Ons folder.
http://leetlegacy.tk/files/blocklandBrickCheckers.zip
brickCheck.py checks for identical BRICK files.
conflictCheck.py checks for uiName / datablock conflicts. This will reveal missing bricks, not duplicate bricks, as these conflicts will prevent the brick from even showing in the brick menu.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 08:40:06 AM by LeetZero »

This seems like it could help, so thank you for putting time and effort into this script!