Author Topic: Server_AntiAna  (Read 6709 times)

I'm not sure about releasing Add-ons, but I will get failbin'd when I coded wrongly.
so here it is.
When ana Starts joining Server,
They'll walk around And be creepy?
NO PROBLEM!

Server_AntiAna
Server_AntiAna Will stops Ana creeping around You!

DOWNLOAD (v1)
DOWNLOAD (v2)

Also, Thanks to Ahead#0034 for scripting version 2.

(Don't install this addon If you added Ana's bl_id into BanList, because of this addon is useless but you can use it.)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:39:18 AM by lykakspars »

What does this addon do? The description sounded like it would freeze Ana and prevent her from moving or something, but instead...

• The addon bans a specific BL_ID from entering the game, using OnClientEnterGame to check for it.
  • It prints "[ANTI-ANA] Checking ..." and "[ANTI-ANA] Good!" every time a client joins, and "[ANTI-ANA] Detected!" when Ana is detected and bans them with this unprofessional message:
  • Pointless "return 0;" line as an attempt to end the function

In short, all you had to do was open the banlist and put Ana's BL_ID inside instead of dedicating a specific addon for it. This addon is not so badly coded, but is ultimately useless.

What does this addon do? The description sounded like it would freeze Ana and prevent her from moving or something, but instead...

• The addon bans a specific BL_ID from entering the game, using OnClientEnterGame to check for it.
  • It prints "[ANTI-ANA] Checking ..." and "[ANTI-ANA] Good!" every time a client joins, and "[ANTI-ANA] Detected!" when Ana is detected and bans them with this unprofessional message:
  • Pointless "return 0;" line as an attempt to end the function

In short, all you had to do was open the banlist and put Ana's BL_ID inside instead of dedicating a specific addon for it. This addon is not so badly coded, but is ultimately useless.

thanks for information... -._-.

Additionally, commandToServer is improper, it requires a client to be hosting and would break on a dedicated server.
Also GameConnection::onClientEnterGame is called when the client first spawns, a better alternative would be GameConnection::autoAdminCheck.
You also should return the value from Parent::onClientEnterGame when packaging it.

why does the addon have to print out "[ANTI-ANA] Checking ..." and "[ANTI-ANA] Good!" every time someone joins the server
that can get annoying real fast

I would rather just make it a 1 line code and ban the ID permanently

why does the addon have to print out "[ANTI-ANA] Checking ..." and "[ANTI-ANA] Good!" every time someone joins the server
that can get annoying real fast

because of... i dunno... a debugging?
also i released it "without annoying" version.

Before releasing, test your addon and make sure there are no debug messages

This addon isnt really that useful since its equivilant as
BanBLID(IDHere, time, reason);
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:34:37 AM by Kyuande »

oops that came out wrong

because of this addon is useless
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:22:41 PM by Squib »

Not like I have never seen it, why install an addon that autobans an ID when nearly anyone can do it themselves? Shame on people who are really lazy lol

most useless addon 2018

YESSS! YESS! FINALLY!!!!
not sure why you're so ecstatic to see this lol - im pretty sure dragging this zip file into your addons folder is harder than just typing /ban ana 49840 -1

I love this idea, but using Ana's BLID is useless considering Ana changes her BLID on occasion.

Instead use her name.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 03:45:03 AM by IdeTheBird »

not sure why you're so ecstatic to see this lol - im pretty sure dragging this zip file into your addons folder is harder than just typing /ban ana 49840 -1
Funny because typing this into the console:
BanBLID(49840, -1, "");
is essentially the same and faster.
Edit: The only issue is you have to be host to use it. To ban from client for someone who isn't host (but is admin ofc), simply do:
Code: [Select]
commandToServer('ban', "", 49840, -1, "");
if(%client.name == "Ana") {}
A better way to do this is:
Code: [Select]
if(%client.getPlayerName() $= "Ana")which actually does the same thing except '$=' is used when trying to find a string instead of numbers.

The thing about using the names though is that anyone who ISN'T Ana will be banned just for having their name the same as the string in question, hence why banning by BL_ID is better. Doesn't make it any more or less useful though.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 01:36:15 AM by Blockz »