Author Topic: Blockland save corrupted? (Not all bricks load despite all required packs there)  (Read 1786 times)

For some reason this build save of a project i'm working on doesn't load correctly. I get no console errors saying "brick not found" yet a lot of bricks are simply missing from the save.

Here's some examples of what i'm talking about:

]

console log and save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgum874oetou4xr/whats%20wrong%20with%20blockland.zip?dl=0

From what I can tell it seems that any bricks that share similar bounding boxes (eg. an L shaped 2x2 plate with a 1x1 in its empty corner) will only load one of the two (or more) bricks occupying the area. What could cause this kind of save loading failure?

open the save file, look for a line where instead of a brick ui name, its just empty

example:

8x Water" -20.5 -32 2 0 1 22  0 2 0 0 1
8x Water" -24.5 -32 2 0 1 22  0 2 0 0 1
" 43.5 -36 2 2 1 22  0 2 0 0 1
8x Water" -16.5 -36 2 0 1 22  0 2 0 0 1
16x Cube" -26.5 118 4 0 1 16  0 0 1 1 1
8x Water" -28.5 -32 2 0 1 22  0 2 0 0 1

remove that line and save the file. this happens only if you have some dumbass brick on the server that doesnt have a proper ui name. its likely you have more than one empty line out there so you gotta look.

if you're using a non-dumb text editor you can search using regex and look for \n" to find all of them real quick

didn't see any cases of that
did it say in the chat something like 12345/23456 bricks loaded?
if it's only the bricks towards the end of the file, it's likely a save glitch like conan said
if it's random bricks throughout the file, then there's something else being an issue (maybe different brick pack with the same ui names, but different bounding boxes?)

From what I can tell it seems that any bricks that share similar bounding boxes (eg. an L shaped 2x2 plate with a 1x1 in its empty corner) will only load one of the two (or more) bricks occupying the area. What could cause this kind of save loading failure?

This does not happen on my server, so it must be an issue with an add-on you have.
You should be able to replicate the problem with just 2 bricks, enable trace before loading them and post the log file here. Then it might be possible to see what's going on.

It seems to only be this specific save that messes up. All my other saves load fine.

Try disabling Script_ModTerRestriction, or do /ToggleMTR before loading the save.