Author Topic: Guide on SpaceBots?  (Read 2085 times)

A guide or the GUI of sorts for Space Bots, I've looked through the code and I can't exactly tell what arguments are needed and the like for the commands..

Why are you using space bots?

Quote from: SpaceBot link=topic=100826.msg1962612#msg1962612 date= 128414

Current events I have:

Input events (bricks)
onBotLoaded - When events are changed or when brick is placed
onBotInjured - When bot is hurt by weapons fire
onBotDeath - When the bot dies
onBotKill - When the bot kills a player/enemy
onBotRespawn - Triggered after the minigame's respawn time or few seconds after it dies
onBotSpawned - When the bot is spawned by events
onBotLoseTarget - When the bot immediately can't see its target
onBotChaseTarget - While the bot is chasing a target
onBotLoseChaseTarget - When the bot cannot navigate to its target from the last known position
onBotNoTarget - While the bot has no target
onBotSeeFriendly - When a friendly player is in view (works with TDM, ZAPT, Rotondo's Zombies)
onBotSeeEnemy - When an enemy player is in view
onBotSenseProjectile - When an enemy projectile is detected in a radius around it

Output events (bricks only)
spawnBot [Player Type, Appearance Type, Automatically Saved Appearance, Weapon Held]
respawnBot - respawns the bot defined by the spawnBot event
deleteBot - removes the bot if it's spawned
setBotMoveDestination - last event-triggered bot moves to this brick (think setPlayerTransform)

Output events (bricks, bots and players: function of some varies based on targets)
setBotAim [Vector, Absolute] - makes the bot aim a specific direction relative to itself or the world
setBotMove [Vector, Absolute] - makes the bot move a specific amount relative to itself or the world
setBotMoveObject [Target] - makes the bot follow a specific player target (e.g. activating player, closest enemy, closest player]
clearBotMove - clears the bot's current move object
setBotJump [checkbox] - if on, the bot continually jumps
setBotCrouch [checkbox] - if on, the bot continually crouches
setBotJet [checkbox] - if on, the bot continually jets
setBotFiring [checkbox] - if on, the bot continually fires its current weapon
setBotFireTarget [Target] - makes the bot aim at and attempt to fire at a specific target (like moveobject or aiming at the brick)
botWander - Moves the bot once in a random direction/distance in front of it, turning at walls (used with onBotNoTarget)
botChase - Bot chases its current target (used with onBotLoseTarget and onBotChaseTarget)

I'm unsure whether to do the input events like "onBotActivated" and "onBotTouched" as that'd basically be copying Amade's.

Heres that.
Also, I thought space bots was a private  mod. Where'd you get it?
One last question, are you using space guys bot mod or some other mod I am unaware of.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 11:06:45 AM by soldier101@ »

Also, I thought space bots was a private  mod. Where'd you get it?
One last question, are you using space guys bot mod or some other mod I am unaware of.
Found it.

Space guy's mod, I was confused on how the slash commands worked and there's a GUI for it apparently, didn't know there were even events.

Found it.

Space guy's mod, I was confused on how the slash commands worked and there's a GUI for it apparently, didn't know there were even events.
Where did you even get the mod from?

Thats what I asked
Well clearly that info isn't getting released

... Uh, okay then.

There's one from 2008, before Blockland v9. It had a GUI (on a keybind) or chat commands for making bots with one of a few fixed behaviours and 'patrol paths', and a 'bot spawn' brick which made the same kind of bots and respawned them when they died. It worked with that version's Team Deathmatch. This one actually comes with a manual PDF, if you got it from the "right" place.

There's a different one from 2010 which had the listed events, plus some "Bot Spawn" bricks that put the events together to make a tiny AI. It worked with Team Deathmatch and Iban's ZAPT.

In both versions the AI had some silly details like only being able to see what's in front of it/"hear" shots passing by and chasing to where it last saw you. They could use different weapons (hold down fire on a Bow, click spam on a Gun, charge a Spear) and were really accurate with projectiles. (Trigonometry - "where are you going to be when this spear lands") They don't do any of the detailed "navigation" from the Slayer topic.

Both of them used the deprecated/buggy "AIConnection" class which has been removed from recent versions of Blockland - it's not worth trying to get them to run again.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 07:28:06 AM by Space Guy »

-snip-
Ah, right. I found it in a topic around here and decided to try and fiddle with it, shoulda remembered that class got removed.

Ever thought about bringing it back? Though... Greek's bot nav will be quite the thing later on.

holy stuff space guy is alive lol

If it could be remade it'll be tons of work and now you have to find a new way since aiconnection is gone, doesn't really seem worth doing

Someone just needs to remake blockland in like.. Unity or something. Or even the new star wars bettlefront 2 engine. That'd be cool. And it'd have all the AI built in. And add-ons would hardly require any scripting knowledge. Too much work though... for the most of us.

Someone just needs to remake blockland in like.. Unity or something. Or even the new star wars bettlefront 2 engine. That'd be cool. And it'd have all the AI built in. And add-ons would hardly require any scripting knowledge. Too much work though... for the most of us.
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=311591.0