what to do when college teachers ignore emails

Author Topic: what to do when college teachers ignore emails  (Read 1253 times)

tbh, really ridiculous problem considering this is college, but in my school (at least for me, my classmates are rlly surprised any time i tell them this) its incredibly common for teachers to ignore your emails
so asking for more info on an assignment, asking for a talk about grades, or asking for more time on a deadline, these are all things ive been ignored for in the past
last week i had to ask for more time and got ignored (2nd time that happened) and like the first time i just end up lost between "should i just spend my time and work on the assignment anyways?" or "wouldnt that be pointless because i never actually got an extended deadline?" if i get ignored should i just imply the answer is no?
not to mention these are the only two times this year ive asked for an extended deadline, and in colleges theyre usually pretty lenient with letting you have those

shouldn't there a contact number in the syllabus?

shouldn't there a contact number in the syllabus?
EU college, we have no syllabus. i just get some lame website the teacher writes their half assed assignment on (if youre lucky). all we have is email adresses

go away
If they don't respond to your emails, why not go up to them before / after class and ask them about it?

If they don't respond to your emails, why not go up to them before / after class and ask them about it?
because i just dont see some of them for weeks

EU college, we have no syllabus. i just get some lame website the teacher writes their half assed assignment on (if youre lucky). all we have is email adresses

is it one of those £10 hungarian colleges?

i go to a community college and even they have a strict rule in deadlines. teachers hate when students ask for extensions. i can't say that my teachers would be petty enough to just straight up ignore my emails, but i also know they could ignore it if i ask them a stupid question or if i don't word myself in a way where i don't come across like an starfish.

which i should ask, what are you saying in your email exactly?

is it one of those £10 hungarian colleges?
idk if i should even give this a serious reply

i go to a community college and even they have a strict rule in deadlines. teachers hate when students ask for extensions. i can't say that my teachers would be petty enough to just straight up ignore my emails, but i also know they could ignore it if i ask them a stupid question or if i don't word myself in a way where i don't come across like an starfish.

which i should ask, what are you saying in your email exactly?
i just write normal emails like you would to a college professor (these teachers are not professors though)
i had a pun in my latest

this one is about how i didnt get home the day before a deadline because a storm basically wiped all public transit so i asked if i could have the weekend
however asking for extended deadlines @ this school is definitely a really normal thing
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:15:55 AM by hootaloo »

rip you go to a european college

when you next see them ask for the best way to contact them. that or flirt with them until you get their number