Project decision: Boss Battles or Reverie Fort Wars (Decided!)

Author Topic: Project decision: Boss Battles or Reverie Fort Wars (Decided!)  (Read 3173 times)

So I'm kind of stuck deciding whether I want to make a quality boss battles server with fresh ideas instead of just your same ole Boss Battles you know; reverie fort wars is having a few big changes too, but hard to tell what to work on till I start it again, it will be completely remade from scratch since I know all of its features after toying with it.

Boss Battles has the idea of having class tokens which are the same for everyone - this is where you choose your weapons and abilities, you can get more at the shop but there's also a max amount you can buy for that round too, weapons and abilities use these tokens so help balance the game (may even limit your choices based on what you choose, but we'll see how it goes without them) - There will be premade classes that are slightly more powerful than a custom made class.

On the Boss part, the boss also has the same kind of options, except the main key is that the health highly impacts what you choose (which it will tell you after choosing your weapons and abilities) - while the normals' health doesnt change that much

The premade bosses may have stages to have another chance at killing the other team (max health does go down each time so don't worry) - the premade bosses will be possibly assigned new items and abilities, if the boss has stages, most of the time it'll have 2 to 4 stages.

Another idea to have in mind is that the premade bosses may be switched up every 1 to 3 weeks instead of always having the same bosses to possibly choose.

This is quite a turn that no one has really done before, so this will be quite interesting.

Reverie Fort Wars will have some major changes, maybe a few features here and there, but tons of fixes. One of the features is levels, and having classes (wizard/warrior/etc) - while there is already a possible conflict for new players, we'll try to figure out what the punishment should be (unless the new player is just being a pest)

I am also torn if I should do both, but only start with one of them (of course) and then do the other one after 6+ months of hosting the first one to squish most of the problems.

Feel free to request or suggest what I should do (my add-on releasing is still on schedule, don't worry), I highly appreciate it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:18:23 PM by Kyuande »

we already have enough fort wars servers as is

Boss battles, with fort wars

boss wars and fort battles

boss fort war battles

but seriously, another boss battles server would be cool. It's always nice to see another take on that gamemode.

Something other than these.

boss battles in a reverie fort wars

Something other than these.
Very helpful of you. Would be nice if I knew what this "other" would be.