unpopular opinion thread

Author Topic: unpopular opinion thread  (Read 10453 times)

troll face is funny
rage comics are funny in a psuedo ironic way

Pokemon Snap is the best game ever made
Smash 64 is the best smash game
The WiiU was a good system
Traps aren’t gay

Pokemon Snap is the best game ever made
Smash 64 is the best smash game
The WiiU was a good system
Traps aren’t gay

smash64 had the best music

rage comics are funny in a psuedo ironic way
nono i mean like troll face comics are legit funny and make my stomach go ha ha

mainstream music isn't bad

mainstream music is all literally the exact same four chords. you don't need creativity or talent to get famous for music anymore all you need is just some basic theory knowledge and enough money to pay for subscribers
Happy Birthday btw
thats an unpopular opinion

completely absolutely unrelated you're off the list
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:17:20 PM by Drydess »

mainstream music is all literally the exact same four chords. you don't need creativity or talent to get famous for music anymore all you need is just some basic theory knowledge and enough money to pay for subscribers

right sorry i forgot everyone mainstream has no talent or creativity

mainstream music is all literally the exact same four chords.

literally almost all music ever created within the last 100 years is based on a simple 4 chord progression. doesn't matter if mainstream or not.

literally almost all music ever created within the last 100 years is based on a simple 4 chord progression.
this isn't true at all, there are thousands of pieces of music from the past century which go well beyond 4 chords. most jazz, classical, folk, and lots of electronic music use way more than 4 chords per any piece of music. it's rock, pop, blues, and dance music which usually have low chordal diversity-- but because these are the most popular genres, they are probably what you're most familiar with. (and that's ignoring the exceptions to this trend too)

this isn't true at all, there are thousands of pieces of music from the past century which go well beyond 4 chords. most jazz, classical, folk, and lots of electronic music use way more than 4 chords per any piece of music. it's rock, pop, blues, and dance music which usually have low chordal diversity-- but because these are the most popular genres, they are probably what you're most familiar with. (and that's ignoring the exceptions to this trend too)

changing from I-V-vi-IV to I-IV-V-ii in the chorus isn't really diversity. same stuff just played in a different order. it's true though, pop music is very likely to stick through one progression the whole song.

changing from I-V-vi-IV to I-IV-V-ii in the chorus isn't really diversity. same stuff just played in a different order. it's true though, pop music is very likely to stick through one progression the whole song.
I'm sorry but I don't understand how that has any relation to what I just said. That is a technique you would most likely find in rock or pop music, which is consistent with the point I'm trying to make here.

I'm sorry but I don't understand how that has any relation to what I just said. That is a technique you would most likely find in rock or pop music, which is consistent with the point I'm trying to make here.

i'm just gonna chalk it up to i'm handicapped lol

i'm just gonna chalk it up to i'm handicapped lol
It's ok man I'm pretty handicapped too. hahaha

super mario bros. is boring