Author Topic: Is there a reason why OBS is not compatible with BL?  (Read 1702 times)

Whenever I try to record the BL window it just shows a black screen. Is OBS incompatible with BL or is something else the issue?

Could be due to how the window acts to the program.

Why are you using OBS? There's other ones out there that could beat OBS.

Could be due to how the window acts to the program.

Why are you using OBS? There's other ones out there that could beat OBS.
please suggest one that's also free cause i was looking for one for a while cause of this exact problem

Is OBS incompatible with BL or is something else the issue?
It must be something else.  OBS works fine to record BL for me.
though...
I'm using Win7, and I remember at some point I had to uninstall/blacklist a certain windows update to allow recording.  But that may have been for FRAPS.  idk...

window capture doesnt work i believe - try the 'game capture' source

please suggest one that's also free cause i was looking for one for a while cause of this exact problem
MSI Afterburner

window capture doesnt work i believe - try the 'game capture' source
It doesn't work for game capture; it just shows a black screen

MSI Afterburner
does it work on computers without mid-higher end graphics cards, im running on an intel equipped laptop

does it work on computers without mid-higher end graphics cards, im running on an intel equipped laptop
It should work just fine - your integrated intel graphics is probably better than my ATI 2400 pro from 2006

I can't even run BL shaders D: (I can but they look horrible and I get a huge FPS drop)

It should work just fine - your integrated intel graphics is probably better than my ATI 2400 pro from 2006

I can't even run BL shaders D: (I can but they look horrible and I get a huge FPS drop)
damn lol, thanks for the info. i'll give it a try if i ever want to record bl.

damn lol, thanks for the info. i'll give it a try if i ever want to record bl.
It works for any kind of screen recording, you can even capture sound from your speakers and mic at the same time :D