Author Topic: blocklandjs  (Read 4773 times)

Imagine remaking the event system using bljs, would make stuff much faster
backwards long jumped out my life

You'd probably be able to raise the too many events quota extremely high
definitely possible......

-Reserved for js files that I either created or someone else to enhance javascript abilities-

you can already raise the too many events quota extremely high ingame, past the 1000 limit on starting a server.

it's not asynch seeing as it's using torkscript
you could do this alot faster with bljs's libuv implementation as it provides an asynchronous file writing/reading part: see http://blocklandjs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/JavaScript/libuv/fs.html#uv.fs.read

it'll spawn a new thread so the game and the engine will not be stuck on writing the file out
what security is there on writing to certain locations and to certain critical files?

what security is there on writing to certain locations and to certain critical files?
Low.

low as i'm still looking into fully resolving paths relative to the current working directory (with libuv this is harder then you think..), but, it'll be fixed by v8.2

ok yeah now remake blockland physics

zoom
blocklandjs is receiving a major update which will allow for fast member field retrieval
some examples out in the wild already:

the js autosaver makes extensive use of it, and as such can save massive amounts of bricks 33 times faster then torquescript. if you are relying on converting from a string to an array, we already do that internally, so be warned.

v8.1.9 has been released. i have finally added full cycling autocomplete support, as well as fast member field retrieval has been somewhat finished.
https://transfer.sh/Wrgk1/2018-03-06_14-39-24.mp4 for a demonstration of autocomplete/tab complete.

NOTE this will only activate after switchToJS(); has been called. If you modify your console in some other way, ensure that the global variable "jsEnabled" is set to true, to enable autocomplete.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 03:59:29 PM by Metario »

With v8.2.0-PRERELEASE, filesystem operations are now sandboxed. You can now only write to files in subfolders of the Blockland folder. Trying to open a file that is outside of the Blockland/ folder will result in it throwing, and refusing to do anything.
TL;DR: security has just been increased 10fold

are you legitimately 14 years old

It's times like this when a brother wish he had some of that high functioning autism