PUBG Or FORTNITE BR

Poll

who would win

FORTNITE
PUBG

Author Topic: PUBG Or FORTNITE BR  (Read 5965 times)

this is evidence that fortnite sucks
theres a gucci gang parody called 'boogie bomb' so thats more evidence for ya
grow up

Fortnite is for people who don't care about the immersion factor and seriousness, the movement mechanics, etc. PUBG recently made it so that the lobby matches you with people who also have a similar ping, fixing the "I got killed through a wall again" problem that we always had. You also can't play Fortnite in 1st person only so that's loving lame, corner camping is lame and that's 99% of the deaths you'll experience. Are they both fun? Duh of course. Does the price of PUBG exist for a reason, while Fortnite is free? .. obviously..

PUBG is hardly immersive at all, nor is it fun and engaging enough to take seriously. My favourite movement mechanic in PUBG is the autorun because that's what you're doing for 50% of the game. oh boy you can climb over short walls. what a mechanic. Oh yeah... that's how a lot of people die. Spending their time with a stupid gimmick that leaves them vulnerable to gunfire. I would've just wrote fire but I keep forgetting that moltovs do loving nothing, and by that I mean from experience by not only throwing them and watching nothing happen... But also being hit by one and watching nothing happen. And I've never seen any moltov or fire related death in the killfeed. The one and only thing you can possibly want to pick PUBG for is the first person only servers. Which it didn't even have for a long while. So who knows, maybe Fortnite BR will come out with a similar mode. Or maybe they wont.
I don't even know if Fortnite BR is better or not. But I'd sooner play it over PU's Chinagrounds. Which is sad because BR is an after-thought gamemode built ontop of an existing game in development, and PUBG is a standalone game.

Edit: And on that note... That's actually why Fortnite BR is free. To advertise Fortnite.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:06:49 PM by Shift Kitty »

fnbr is just all-around more accessible and has a lighter tone than pubg

I really can't stand 3rd person because it gives too much of an advantage to the defender. You can just camp and peek a corner, and you can see everyone coming, but they have no way of seeing you.
In 1st person, the only way you can see someone is if you peek and expose your face.

Other than the lack of 1st-person only, by biggest problem with Fortnite is traps. One of the biggest differences between Fortnite and PUBG is how much faster-paced Fortnite tries to be.
Smaller map, smaller/fewer/closer together compounds, and yet the same amount of players. Faster bus, WAY faster gliders, and I believe faster circles too. Plus the building mechanic can enable you to build over obstacles rather than traveling around.
But then you add in traps to the game, and you're forced to slow down inside structures and check every room you go into to avoid insta-death. I think the slowdown that traps add just clashes to much with the otherwise fast-paced game that Fortnite tries to create. I've had games where I'm the last man standing in a 4-man squad and I'm holed up inside a house. I successfully fight off a full squad of people, just to insta-die to the trap one of them placed in the house. It really is a moodkill to me.

My favourite movement mechanic in PUBG is the autorun because that's what you're doing for 50% of the game.
I've spent considerable amount of time in Fortnite running as well. At least PUBG has vehicles.

But I'd sooner play it over PU's Chinagrounds.
From what I've seen and heard, most of the Chinese players stayed in 3rd person.

I've spent considerable amount of time in Fortnite running as well. At least PUBG has vehicles.
pubg has rly big maps designed for using vehicles, but even with them it feels like there's more running from point a to b in pubg cus ur not always gonna have a vehicle than in fortnite where everything is closer together

i do kinda agree with u on the spike traps tho if there were one thing i'd remove from fortnie br it's them cus i feel like i have to keep checking for them when in reality that's saved me like once or twice

why are people arguing over this stuff lmao. they're both battle royale with different mechanics. get over yourselves.

why are people arguing over this stuff lmao. they're both battle royale with different mechanics. get over yourselves.
shut up loser. fortnite is pubg lite. it is made for children. only MEN play pubg, children play that stuffty ripoff minecraft-like Fortnite. PUBG did it first!!

Who here played TheCulling before pubg came along and took like 90% of the playerbase?

actually pubg stole from the movie battle royale

why is there a roblox game of it lmao. fortnite is free on pc

I really can't stand 3rd person because it gives too much of an advantage to the defender. You can just camp and peek a corner, and you can see everyone coming, but they have no way of seeing you.
In 1st person, the only way you can see someone is if you peek and expose your face.

Other than the lack of 1st-person only, by biggest problem with Fortnite is traps. One of the biggest differences between Fortnite and PUBG is how much faster-paced Fortnite tries to be.
Smaller map, smaller/fewer/closer together compounds, and yet the same amount of players. Faster bus, WAY faster gliders, and I believe faster circles too. Plus the building mechanic can enable you to build over obstacles rather than traveling around.
But then you add in traps to the game, and you're forced to slow down inside structures and check every room you go into to avoid insta-death. I think the slowdown that traps add just clashes to much with the otherwise fast-paced game that Fortnite tries to create. I've had games where I'm the last man standing in a 4-man squad and I'm holed up inside a house. I successfully fight off a full squad of people, just to insta-die to the trap one of them placed in the house. It really is a moodkill to me.
Yeah traps are one of the major reasons I'm avoiding getting into it. Along with the lack of a first person only mode. Though even without traps, the faster pace gives people more options for entering a room. With the more realistic pace and movement options offered in PUBG, the only position you can be in when being ambushed is pretty well right around the corner/doorway even within a wide range of different levels of reflexes. The characters seem to move faster and jump higher in Fortnite, which can give a camper with average reflexes some problems, as there's too much of an angle they need to be able to quickly cover.
This is like, the number one reason I can't ever get into these kinds of games for too long. I don't want RNG to dictate something as large as whether I have to run for 10 minutes completely stressed at every moment, or if I can roam around having fun without the environment ruining it. I think it'd be an interesting mechanic to play around with... showing all the circles during the entire match, including on the plane/bus/whatevertheforget.
From what I've seen and heard, most of the Chinese players stayed in 3rd person.
Good.

community does not decide wether game mechanics, bugs and overall the game itself. just cause there's loving roblox versions of a game or someone made a cringy ass gucci gang parody song it doesn't mean the game is bad

go back and enjoy your game